Quantcast

#%#%#%# The official Praise the Lord it's Monday GMT @*@*@*@*@*

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I've now tiled one bathroom floor and one shower, and both were passable efforts. By no means the results and speed that a professional would return, but thats how you get better, right?

I think if I had another job to do I would buy a wet saw. Tile snapper + angle grinder kinda blows and takes 4x as long to get an okay result.
A wet saw would definitely be a lot easier. I keep saying I should at least rent one, but in the end I do it with the snapper and grinder. Most cuts are usually hidden anyway.

Backsplash turned out ok.

PXL_20230306_194709826~2.jpg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

I got around to reading the employee handbook in the event I might get surprised. PTO is to be used, zero carryover. I can live with that.

Had my progress meeting to see how I survived my first week. While it is a bit overwhelming, I'm catching on and it's kinda making sense. I've set appropriate expectations, so that's good. It seems I've been brought in at a crucial time and my Agile experience was a big selling point as well as my "build shit from scratch with whatever I can get my hands on". I'm feeling pretty good so far. A shitload to learn, but I'm getting to define my role and that's good.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Are you guys out of the bulk of the cycle? I see a little moisture out in the pacific, but not much.

"Deep snow bullseyes are likely through 3/15 with a return of a moderate (to strong) atmospheric river 3/10-3/12. 9-day grand totals of 80-90 inches across the Sierra, and 36-40 inches across parts of the Wasatch."

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Did a few first miles on the new unrideabru wheel with Ti spokes, a paper thin crabon rim and a re-drilled Vesper hub. I didn't die, yet; but the jury is still out until we have rideabru dirt. The Vesper experience is interesting - instant yet soft-ish engagement without any clunk, and so silent. I don't think I'll be replacing any of my ratchet hubs with other ratchet hubs in the future if the Vesper survives the abuse to be delivered by my talentless fat ass.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Was a sucker for marketing on this one. I've been to the brewery a couple times and have had a few of their beers, none of which ever impressed me. This is no different, but at least I got a cool can(s) out of it to...recycle? I guess.
IMG_20230306_183911022_HDR_resize_42.jpg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was a sucker for marketing on this one. I've been to the brewery a couple times and have had a few of their beers, none of which ever impressed me. This is no different, but at least I got a cool can(s) out of it to...recycle? I guess.View attachment 190495
SoMe is good stuff. That brewery was started with the help of a dude that was quasi local to me and worked at Victory, and is and a part time mtber.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
shoveled into the driveway

THEN across the street

If I couldn't have found someone I could pay to help me today, that fucker would be up on the roof right now. Yes you could drive it right on. I was thinking of the shingles... They've had a rough winter.
Let's collaborate and develop a roof friendly snowblower.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
SoMe is good stuff. That brewery was started with the help of a dude that was quasi local to me and worked at Victory, and is and a part time mtber.
Definitely not bad, but all their beers sort of taste the same to me (IPAs anyway), none of which have that special something something that makes me love it.

There was one I had that was pretty bad, but can't remember which.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Weird Tuesday here, rocked up to work tired as shit and there's loads of crows in trees going nuts.
Later I was standing in the workshop, turn around and there is a magpie staring at me, his mate the flies in and sits in an operator's seat and stares at me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just found out xc national championships are gonna be held just under an hour north of me. Gonna take the kids to spectate if the scheduling works out

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just found out xc national championships are gonna be held just under an hour north of me. Gonna take the kids to spectate if the scheduling works out
as in dirt roadies or skinny people running fast off road?