Quantcast

the only thread thats worth your time

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
Originally posted by slcpunk21
Very VERy creative!!

I have a feeling this thread is going to out do all other threads!

How many more of these ideas can you have?:D
i don't know how many times this could work. i needed to post this in a forum that wasn't used much and i think that "fitness and nutrition" is one of the only ones.

i'll figure something out whe nthe right time comes.:thumb:

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
Originally posted by slcpunk21
OH yah... I noticed this in the Fitness and Nutrition area... what? to afraid to put it in the lounge? Affraid some one might say it "sucks"?
it woudent be as cool if it were in the lounge, then people would read it who didn't know why it was created. and it would hurt my feelings if anyone said it sucked:( :rolleyes: :D

gorgechris

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Traveling the eastern U.S.
I think I'll also use this chance to shamelessly grab a desperately needed post.

However, so that people don't slag on me too hard, I'll post my current favo(u)rite nutrition tidbit: karo syrup. My GF and I bought some of those dispensers you can refill, and load them up full of five ounces of sugary goodness for instant energy on the trail.

It sounds gross, but when you're bonking, it tastes pretty dang good. The cost is a fraction of that for individual GU servings, and I feel better about not wasting the packaging that goes with them.

Mmmm, sugar....

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Originally posted by gorgechris
I think I'll also use this chance to shamelessly grab a desperately needed post.

However, so that people don't slag on me too hard, I'll post my current favo(u)rite nutrition tidbit: karo syrup. My GF and I bought some of those dispensers you can refill, and load them up full of five ounces of sugary goodness for instant energy on the trail.

It sounds gross, but when you're bonking, it tastes pretty dang good. The cost is a fraction of that for individual GU servings, and I feel better about not wasting the packaging that goes with them.

Mmmm, sugar....
Got any links or pics of what these things look like?

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
So what do you do to keep fit? (other than cycling that is...duhhh)

I mean wieghts? stuff like that?

I need to put some mass back on but I want it to be cut, not all bulked....any ideas?

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
This thread sucks.

How dare you enter my precious Fitness and Nutrition forum.

I've started a more intense training program. 5 days a week, lifting twice on friday, sunday and tuesday, and once on saturday and monday. Wednesday and Thursdays are my "rest" days. Wednesday I run for 45 minutes at a good clip. Thursday I PT with the Marines for 4-5 hours.

Getting huge...

Grimey

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
cali
Hmm.. I really don't thinking I need more strength as I need flexibility. I have never been flexible. Like, I can touch my middle shin, thats about it, I dont' think I can ever reach my toes. Someone give me some tips about limbering up? Are some people just not flexible?

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Get Pavel's book, "Relax into Stretch". I'm almost at a side split w/ 6 months of stretching his way. I used to fairly flexible, but not enough for Muai Thai Boxing, so I started stretching. Don't MT anymore, but keep on stretching. I figure it'll come in handy with Marine Corps Martial Arts.