Quantcast

The Oregon Trail

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
i loved that game, i used to have it with my apple IIe. but unfortanately i had to get rid of it and the apple

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Here's a DOS version. You may or may not need an emulator, and it will look better than the Apple crap Sanjuro posted.

http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=2972

Edit:
Bah, this isn't the true original (it's the "deluxe" version). We had it on the 286s in elementary, it was like the apple version Sanjuro posted. No mouse, just keyboard/text. Must find DOS version...HOTU doesn't have it. :(

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I think I have it somewhere. I want to find it. That's the game where you buy stuff and walk the trail, then make claims and look for gold right?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
ahahaha!

If you don't remember playing Oregon Trail as a kid, you'll probably not be too interested in recapturing all the excitement of Manifest Destiny and the Western Expansion and such… but can you name another game where you can die of the trots? Hee-hee!

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
I remember playing that in the early 80's in elementary school. Don't remember too much about it, though - I'm shocked the "kids" these days have heard about it. I had long ago forgotten!

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
As a rebellious 3rd grader, I liked to make the all grave stones say "Life's a bitch" on the classroom network. Man was I just the coolest fat kid. :rolleyes: You cats couldn't beat that game. I was the master at shootin me some bison. Maybe its because its educational, but the only other game I've beaten was the original mario brothers...and only a couple of times.

I ran across this shirt so I saved the image.....

Attachments

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I used to do nothing but kill massive amounts of buffalo.

I'd hunt at every opportunity and get messages like, "You have killed 12,437lbs. of meat. You can only carry 3 pounds." Sixteen dead buffalo littering the trail and all I could carry was a squirrel :p

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
binary visions said:
I used to do nothing but kill massive amounts of buffalo.

I'd hunt at every opportunity and get messages like, "You have killed 12,437lbs. of meat. You can only carry 3 pounds." Sixteen dead buffalo littering the trail and all I could carry was a squirrel :p
YOU'RE SICK!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
elRey said:
Seriously, who doesn't remember The Oregon Trail?
The best part was popping the 5" floppy disk into the B: drive and loading up the Oregon Trail. People were dying left and right from snake bites, drowning, dysentary. You could ford rivers with your wagon and go hunting. That game had everything.