Quantcast

The Peak shuttle is gone but

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
I have a suburban that holds 9 (not including driver) 11 tight like sardeens. I have to work every Sunday most of the time and am already up. I was thinking that I may be willing to do the shuttle three weekends a month with a published schedule made two weeks prior to each month so any changes would be know. All I need is to get attachments for my rack that would make it work for that many riders.
I would collect a per person due to pay for gas, pro rated insurance and truck maint. but keep the extra cash if any asside so at the end of a cycle (three Months) donate any proceeds to friends of Cap Forest, www, Capitalforest.com, Thirston County Bike Search and Rescue, IMBA, or such.

Would anyone show?

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
cm16white said:
i would go any day anytime for a decent price

Well The peak ran it at Five per person. I was going to drive it for milage and figure out fuel cost figure one oil change for the summer of weekends, my prorated three days a month of insurance cost and it would most likely be like 2 to five a person. Mot looking at it as a business at all. More of a trying to get peaple to ride. Maybe if the coffer got built up a bit to afford a couple of runs at no cost to the riders thry could pick up garbage and submit their hours to DNR as thier shuttle fee every few weekends. My way of trying to help cycling in cap since my work days and kids seem to keep me from makeing work parties and the like.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I would be down for at least one a month over the summer.

It was a bummer to hear the long running peak shuttle went away... just when i got a new gravity bike too.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i think 5 bucks is a drop in the bucket for most people. i'd be down for at least one shuttle a year.

You could also make a reservation style deal where someone could reserve the shuttle. Or just run a special where you do 2 shuttle rides and have a reservation ride ready if you have time.

i also think that for this to succeed the word has to get around. If you had a web page with just a simple schedule and contact info that would make a world of difference. And call around to bike shops and let them know what's up. Also it may be possible to put your contact info on the STM and BBTC website.

If you get a little bit further with this drop a pm to Juice (Justin) and see if he could add you to the Trails section of the web site. List you as Capitol Forest Peak Shuttle Service, and provide a link....

i used the shuttle service many times over the years and i think it's a great service to get people out on the trails. Even for pedal crazy folk it can enable you to do a super long route, and of course the gravity junkies can't say no to a shuttle.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
PPpppppppppppppllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeee do this! We moved up North but still go to Cap 4 1-2X / month. There are 3-5 of us that usually go, and we much prefer to pay to shuttle than to do it ourselves! Let us know where you will post the dates, and we will surely be up for it!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Trail #30 is in great shape for DH bikes. We have 10 minute drive for 4-6 minutes of trail. There are a few old trail options down in the 2nd section that we recently cleaned up. You can do the baby head alley thats super tough and unpredictable at speed, or take a smoother re-route that has some jumps and logs to ride.... Its no EXIT, but its close.....

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
Are you guys running the shuttle currently? I'd cough up for the service, maybe even bring a few cold beers for afterwards.

nuclear 674

Monkey
Aug 12, 2005
ahead of you!!!
there is a group that does sunday morning at 8:00 am. We either run 30 or greenline 6. There is currently no cost. We meet at the intersection of c-line and noska rd. sorry about the spelling on that one. If you need more info contact me through here.

nuclear 674

Monkey
Aug 12, 2005
ahead of you!!!
sat is a group that climbs to the top and rides down. the sun group is a shuttle with mostly downhill. This sun we are running trail 30. One section that you have to peddle a little. If you can come check it out.