Quantcast

the pilchuck treefarm..

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
I was out there yesterday doing some hiking to find some old school trails...

I found toaster.. which is will toast ha. I also found roxy which is going to be really fun to ride its very raw and looks like it hasn't been ridden in forever.
Couldn't find the one i was looking for though... I knew i was in the right area..
the trail pretty much consisted of 5 ladders drops down a steep hill.
Anyone got a clue where thats at?

andres611

Chimp
Jun 28, 2007
I think the one you are talking about is on the right side of the main road. When you start going up, once you come out of all the trees and it opens up, you can see all the mountains around you, you keep going up and before the road turns to the left, the trail should be on the right. Last time I rode it I was glad I gad my shin guards on, because is really bushy.

when does it open for bikes?

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
I think the one you are talking about is on the right side of the main road. When you start going up, once you come out of all the trees and it opens up, you can see all the mountains around you, you keep going up and before the road turns to the left, the trail should be on the right. Last time I rode it I was glad I gad my shin guards on, because is really bushy.

when does it open for bikes?
this area is open year around unlike the 300th exit area
I kinda wanna fix up a few of the stunts :\

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
300th is the Victoria Tract and you were on the Pilchuck Tract. Armstrong is just a bit farther down Grandview on the right. More middle ring flatter stuff there. Both Pilchuck and Armstrong are open all year around.

I may have an old school map from the builders I can scan for you. You may also want to PM Joelsman here for the real intel. :brows:

The last time I rode out there years ago it was all pretty new and way above my head and my hard tail Stumpy. They moved on to Snakonia and organic farming....

Side note: believe it or not, the land manager is completely cool with natural gnarl out there and will work with you on allowing you to build 38 style stuff on a lot of the exposed rock out there. PM me for contact info if you are serious about building and working with them.

Also, there used to be issues with parking at the end of the road at the gate. Not sure what is up with that now. Definately lots of legal Galby style potential out there though.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
me and some friends made those trails. mark lovejoy still lives in arlington. he has a nursey(plants sales) between the freeway and arlington on the south side. he could show you around, might help too.

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
I'd be interested in seeing this place show it's face again. Bham and Whistler and even the exits are a bit far for an after-work ride.

I know, I know, "quit my job and ride".

Map? Someone should trade beer for maps of the area... :biggrin:

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
wow guys thanks for the replys!
i'm pretty goddamn buzzed tonight so i'll shoot you some PMs in the morning

I'd totally be down to bring the place back to life. After walking roxy... it really want me to get to ride some "exit 38ish" trails

andres611

Chimp
Jun 28, 2007
I've always riden the Victoria tract then, had no idea there was more stuff over there. Can you post some info on how to get there and stuff.

I am also riding the tract today, any trails you guys recomend and how to find them. There is one that i really like, is fast flowy and some small jumps, but I have only been able to find it twice.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
this section is off exit 212, head east, just past hwy9 turn left on 59th?, drive till the end of the road, DON'T park in the turn around. first trail toaster starts next to the gate.

Go talk to Mark, he knew all the trails the best, there are one or 2 further away from the rest. he hasn't been riding in a couple years but will be again soon he says.

Last edited:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Spah and Bent, I sent some info. let me know if you need more.

Lumberjack up at Lake Stevens may also be interested in getting involved there too.

Victoria Tract is now open and already muddy!

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
checked, appreciate it. Let me know if you want in on digging. Probably will be out there exploring in the rain tomorrow if anybody wants in.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
No problem, I'll get you the number too.

Probably no digging up that way as it's a bit of a drive now and lots of projects closer. Heading out now to reclaim some logging damage at one of your favorite places... ;) But, much appreciated and lookingforward to riding it again soon.

findlmat

Chimp
May 14, 2009
Finally got registered with this site....ugh.

I went out there for the first time today, found foxy and toaster, both in need of some TLC. Definitely looks like no one has ridden it in a while. The potential there is awesome. I could see making foxy into something worth while. I don't know what the other trails look like, but given the terrain in places I could see they'd be good as well.

I am interested in getting this place back in action. We should get a crew up there and get started.

BTW PM sent to Boreno

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
I was also out there today, scouting the same trails, suprised we didn't run in to each other. I had similar thoughts and have been talking with the previous builders, give it a few days and we'll be good to go to town.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
i agree, however there is some organization that needs to happen with the PRA. It will just be a couple of days and things should get sorted out.