The police will never take me alive

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Handcuffed I-80 motorist struck, killed while fleeing on foot
- Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer
Tuesday, June 20, 2006

(06-20) 09:59 PDT DIXON -- A motorist stopped for speeding and drunken driving on Interstate 80 early today in Dixon bolted from a California Highway Patrol officer, jumped the median and was struck and killed by a sport-utility vehicle, authorities said.

Shaun Jones, 26, of Sacramento died shortly after 1 a.m. when he was hit by a woman driving a Ford Expedition on westbound I-80 near Dixon Avenue in Solano County, the CHP said.

The incident began when two CHP officers in a patrol car clocked Jones traveling 96 mph in a Cadillac Deville on eastbound I-80 east of Dixon Avenue, authorities said. The officers handcuffed Jones and arrested him on suspicion of driving under the influence.

As the officers searched him, the suspect fled on foot -- still handcuffed -- running on the right shoulder of the freeway, said CHP Officer Marvin Williford.

The officers chased him -- one in the patrol car, the other on foot -- for about 1,000 feet before Jones climbed over the center divide, Williford said.

Jones tried crossing the westbound lanes of I-80 but was hit in the fast lane by a 2004 Ford Expedition driven by a 42-year-old Fairfield woman, the CHP said.

The impact caused Jones to slide onto the right shoulder of the freeway, the CHP said. He was pronounced dead at the scene by Dixon firefighters.

Jones had an extensive criminal history, authorities said.

The woman who hit him was shaken but unhurt, Williford said.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
wow, punted from the fast lane to the right shoulder! impressive

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
sanjuro said:
Handcuffed I-80 motorist struck, killed while fleeing on foot
- Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer
Tuesday, June 20, 2006

(06-20) 09:59 PDT DIXON -- A motorist stopped for speeding and drunken driving on Interstate 80 early today in Dixon bolted from a California Highway Patrol officer, jumped the median and was struck and killed by a sport-utility vehicle, authorities said.
Darwin strikes again and the average per capita IQ of the planet rises a few points.