Quantcast

The preposterous portfolio and tumultuous trading thread (*At your own risk)

gonefirefightin

free wieners
My DD for monday,

Pretiming shows about the same as yesterdays with the exception of a dip through the week. But, pretiming is looking at GME from a metrics standpoint not a market standpoint. Just a tad of post market scuttle to stop it around $266, I wouldn't be surprised to see pre market jitters bumping 280 then 400 by noon and possibly 800 considering no SSR list for monday and all the stimulus checks getting thrown at the stock resembling a "make it rain" campaign at a strip club.

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 3.34.13 PM.png

The hedge funds dont have any more ammo from here on out even with a gamma squeeze, as they were actually trying to gain equity by assigning covered 2023 calls today which is pathetic.

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 11.02.22 AM.png

I wouldnt be surprised to see 800 before mid week if not monday since a lot of the 1 trillion in stimi money will be thrown at the stock post and pre markets over the weekend via robinhood and webull. At this point it is pretty much a shaken bottle with a 2 day SSR champange cork and monday's opening bell is the catalyst

Side note, (my predictions) I wouldnt be surprised it citadel and melvin start moving funds and locking doors monday morning in prep to scuttle and we might see Merrill and bank of america implicated in the debacle. At this point it is a hot fucking mess for the SEC and DTCC and is nuclear for the networks. Will be interesting to see it play out. I seriously doubt the stock will ever get as low as it is anytime soon after monday morning. If you are holding shares I would keep an eye on the market monday to shave your initial interest in shares and let the remainder ride.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
An interesting recon I saw on Yahoo Finance:

The new normal

A paradox: The U.S. dollar’s reserve currency status, usually seen as a source of American might, is now hindering the Federal Reserve’s monetary sovereignty.
The European Central Bank’s aggressive move this week to expand its “quantitative easing” stimulus program leaves the Fed little choice but to continue its own hyper-expansive policy, even if it wants to end it.
That’s positive for bitcoin and underscores how a failing global financial system needs the kind of alternatives crypto innovators are dreaming up. But it also speaks to the emerging impotence of central banks, including of the most powerful one in the world.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Funny, I tweeted about that today, I compared the Fiat dollar to Crypto from an investment stand point.

Crypto has a cap, has inflation, is divisible by thousands, decentralized

Fiat dollar has no cap, barely any inflation, divisible by 100 and is centralized.

Why would you invest in the dollar?
Ignorance. Unfamiliarity. Conceptually speaking, it can be tough to wrap your head around a currency that isn't a physical asset. It's a paradigm shift that will be hard for organizations with older, entrenched leadership to make.

The younger generations, I think, are much more open to dabbling in crypto, recognizing that our current system isn't working and each successive generation is falling further behind.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Why do people still think fiat isn’t 99% digits anyway? It is. Personally, and I think this a bit an NZ thing, I touch and use cash like less than ten times a year. Everything is digital. Do people not know what quantitive easing means?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
So GME hit 283 today then was shorted by the tune of 800k+ that halted trading and then was put on SSR for both today and tomorrow. Volume was fair since so many folks bought in the dip. I would suspect it will hold and hover around the 240-270 mark for the next few days and should see the incline over the week into Fridays heavy volume. I think the whales and heavies are getting burdened down with trying to short it. Has to break at some point.

AMC made a few nice bumps and PLTR should come up nicely over the week as well.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I actually was able to pick up some more at the dips, and shave AMC all in the same day. Pretty bizarre. I suspect another onslaught of synthetic shorts from the hedgies tomorrow, who knows what will happen on Wednesday. Was able to liquify some of my $270 shares at cost and buy them back in at 222

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Been away from the computer lately due to packing and moving but did some work this morning for a bit.

Until more news or info comes forth about GME I can see it bouncing and even being shorted again down to the low hundreds. Pretiming shows it in a correction till the end of the week.

$PLTR and $BB are two long terms plays I have picked up since they will be in the 5G game and will be the only secure mobile platform for health care soon.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
My DD for GME

I think we are looking at the mother of all shorts either tomorrow or friday. The hedge funds and institutions involved in the DTCC hearing today were implemented under a rule that they have to have transparency and I believe they will be leveraging all they can and using the retailers to help. I think we will possibly see a huge leverage short squeeze to the tune of hitting $100 or possibly less then the hedgies and institutions buying in at the bottom to set the volume wave and use the retilers to help with the ride to the top. on the 15th you can see one hell of a short volume spike and I think it was a spike to test the floor of the share price. I think they then held the stock around 200-220 for the rest of the last few days for all the stimulus money hit and we have started to see dissinformation campaigns already starting from the talking heads and pundits such as seeking alpha, motley fool and others bending the retailers ear for a bullish market. If we look at the pairing stock of AMC they are now divergent and I can see AMC being played while all eyes are on GME

In short TLDR, they will do a huge short then buy in at the bottom using the retailers to also drive it up, thus making money on both ends.

I have no clue where it may land on the top end but if it plays out as such there could be many millionaires made in a day.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I have a buy limit set at a scary low price, expecting the same thing.
It's a vodka and Tums kind of day.
iDesk shows over 1 million in leveraged shorts borrowed today and judging by the very low volume thus far it is setting up to look like a repeat of monday. The technicals of monday match nearly the same today. I would bet they will short within the next few hours in order to have a bullish afternoon in set up for a increase tomorrow. Just my thoughts

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I can't bring myself to invest any more into this volatile crap than I would put down on a blackjack table. Which is to say not very much at all.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I can't bring myself to invest any more into this volatile crap than I would put down on a blackjack table. Which is to say not very much at all.
I would agree with you if I wasnt into the whole GME/AMC scene from the very beginning, but being a part of it from the start I see some very new and uncharted territories in the market and trading world shaping up to change the way things will be done in the future for sure. But, with that being said I have already made a pretty good chunk of change from the meme stocks and will continue to be invested in them for a long term play since my average share cost is pretty low and even the ones I bough later int he game are pretty cheap.

I can tell you that the GME play is far from over and will have some very wild rides ahead of it since the retailers are now wagging the market.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I would agree with you if I wasnt into the whole GME/AMC scene from the very beginning, but being a part of it from the start I see some very new and uncharted territories in the market and trading world shaping up to change the way things will be done in the future for sure. But, with that being said I have already made a pretty good chunk of change from the meme stocks and will continue to be invested in them for a long term play since my average share cost is pretty low and even the ones I bough later int he game are pretty cheap.

I can tell you that the GME play is far from over and will have some very wild rides ahead of it since the retailers are now wagging the market.
I bought 10 shares of GME months ago at $30 and dumped it all around $270 during the initial crazyness.

Got back in recently at $130, just 2 shares.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A friend at work has really gotten into investing during the pandemic. he will message me and tell me to buy something. I ask him why, if he gives me an emotional answer I ignore him. If he gives me a good logical explaination I buy a little bit. It has worked out well. I am really just investing in a Drew Confidence Index.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
A friend at work has really gotten into investing during the pandemic. he will message me and tell me to buy something. I ask him why, if he gives me an emotional answer I ignore him. If he gives me a good logical explaination I buy a little bit. It has worked out well. I am really just investing in a Drew Confidence Index.
Anyone in my close circles know I have actually made my living trading and not in fire/law/or military and I get asked all the time for pointers and when they find out it actually takes work in the forms of reading, research, education and analysis they end up shrugging it off and buying stocks or companies they "like" rather than due diligence and then come back and wonder why they have a week of red and lose money without having things like trailing stops and limit orders in place or even knowing how to read the candlesticks and have alerts set. If someone is earnest in learning then I will sit down with them over a coffee or a drink and help them getting into a good broker and links for research and planning and get them started on penny stocks so they learn volatility right off the bat.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Anyone in my close circles know I have actually made my living trading and not in fire/law/or military and I get asked all the time for pointers and when they find out it actually takes work in the forms of reading, research, education and analysis they end up shrugging it off and buying stocks or companies they "like" rather than due diligence and then come back and wonder why they have a week of red and lose money without having things like trailing stops and limit orders in place or even knowing how to read the candlesticks and have alerts set. If someone is earnest in learning then I will sit down with them over a coffee or a drink and help them getting into a good broker and links for research and planning and get them started on penny stocks so they learn volatility right off the bat.

Also why I am not interested in investing more than pocket money. I'm not interested in the research.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Also why I am not interested in investing more than pocket money. I'm not interested in the research.
Up until the meme stocks I have always been a long term trader (quarterly) and have been playing my portfolio to the tune of monthly gains. When the meme stocks began I took 2% of my portfolio and started playing them in its own account and it has made more than the last 4 years of my average gains on long term plays in the markets with stocks, bonds, ETF's and some CD's. Thus I have started a more weekly approach as of late and still rely on alerts and limits but I am still never going back to day trading, weekly DD is enough for me.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
GME: averaged up $/share this morning on the dip, expecting mad fuckery today. Internetz DD contradicting writeups about shorts being closed is still an interesting topic. Perspective matters, but the tone of stories lately DOES seem quite gloomy and doomy, vs reporting.

AMC: got out, doubled my money, all in all.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
GME: averaged up $/share this morning on the dip, expecting mad fuckery today. Internetz DD contradicting writeups about shorts being closed is still an interesting topic. Perspective matters, but the tone of stories lately DOES seem quite gloomy and doomy, vs reporting.

AMC: got out, doubled my money, all in all.
Watching the talking heads change their stances every other day and being paid off by the hedgies is hilarious.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ok, guys, I have some spare couch change.
. It’s fairly obvious that travel related businesses are going to go bonkers as we come out of Covid globally.
Any hot tips?
Could be the long game, but some quicker returns would be rad too.
thoughts?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Ok, guys, I have some spare couch change.
. It’s fairly obvious that travel related businesses are going to go bonkers as we come out of Covid globally.
Any hot tips?
Could be the long game, but some quicker returns would be rad too.
thoughts?
As of right now I have been seeing good long term hold for the airlines, cruise lines, ammunition manufacturers, anything 5G related (especially the infrastructure side) and of course any of the top bio/pharma techs are doing well right now. Mining is going to have a substantial increase in value this year as well with the huge increase in EV makers.

Also getting into some post covid positions in hotels, ecommerce and tourism will be a good long term play. Also the online sports betting sites are going to be a heavy hitter this year, (pun intended)

Here are some of my positions for this year

Untitled10.jpeg
Untitled9.jpeg
Untitled8.jpeg
Untitled7.jpeg
Untitled5.jpeg
Untitled6.jpeg

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I don’t know enough to interpret if any of those are “BUY NOW!!!!” Cramer style...
fair enough, at least you can spread your funds over the lower priced stocks so you have a decent spread into more than a few symbols.

If you have the time to day trade and watch the market you can make some pretty good gains in the meme stonks right now. AMC and GME are proving to be very lucrative if you can play the daily swings.

Last edited: