Quantcast

The preposterous portfolio and tumultuous trading thread (*At your own risk)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
^^ so that guy seems to be stirring some controversy lately.
Since Nov 22nd I'm down a nice sportscar in gains, but still in the black ... good thing I suck at maths and don't panic.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I am no longer in BTC for many reasons but mostly is its tapering lifespan and surge of investors moving to more economical/greener currencies.

Not sure where its shelf life will end up but I find it easier and less stressful to play the whole field rather than betting on a few.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
@gonefirefightin have you seen after hours on GME?
compression for fridays, been a weekly trend on the chart. Hedge funds use it as a test for support. A huge amount of call options were also bought by some hedge funds but Not the volume I want to see but early still. Anybodys guess since it’s such a random action considering the squeeze play, I just hope it holds till mid February now so I can make all my shares long term and save on taxes.

only prob with today is there is a price gap. Those traditionally get filled so I would bet it will get smashed back down to its support before it climbs again. I am really waiting on the loopring announcement

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Seems paypal will be on sale for a while, lol

good price point to get in.
Hazard a guess it's dropping because people are FTS about needing to provide tax# so they can report the $12 you received in payments last year to the Feds so they can get their cut?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Hazard a guess it's dropping because people are FTS about needing to provide tax# so they can report the $12 you received in payments last year to the Feds so they can get their cut?
Close.....but not quite,

They released a gnar gnar earnings report that was predominately due to their lame crytpo and ebay moves and decided to publicly blame "inflation" rather than man up to the flop and recover from the bot farms that were exploiting incentives.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Historical data predominately, Nothing tells the future more than the past. For a steady and valued stock to have such a huge change in percentage all at once means it will go back to where it was just as quickly. Its the slow movements down that will get ya.
So you're telling me to base future returns on past performance?

I don't think you're supposed to do that.

;)

gonefirefightin

free wieners
PayPal is a bank?

I'll be damned. I had no idea...
I think you misread my intent or I dont know your market background,

For bank stocks, the ratio of bank's share price to its book value per share is generally used to determine whether the bank's stock is cheap or expensive. Investors in other industries, by contrast, focus on a stock's price relative to the earnings of the underlying company -- the price-to-earnings ratio.

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 9.13.45 AM.png

Its current book is less than sales making it inverted. has to revert at some point.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I think you misread my intent or I dont know your market background,

For bank stocks, the ratio of bank's share price to its book value per share is generally used to determine whether the bank's stock is cheap or expensive. Investors in other industries, by contrast, focus on a stock's price relative to the earnings of the underlying company -- the price-to-earnings ratio.

View attachment 171305

Its current book is less than sales making it inverted. has to revert at some point.
"Has" to revert?

Heh.