Quantcast

The preposterous portfolio and tumultuous trading thread (*At your own risk)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Anyone in my close circles know I have actually made my living trading and not in fire/law/or military and I get asked all the time for pointers and when they find out it actually takes work in the forms of reading, research, education and analysis they end up shrugging it off and buying stocks or companies they "like" rather than due diligence and then come back and wonder why they have a week of red and lose money without having things like trailing stops and limit orders in place or even knowing how to read the candlesticks and have alerts set. If someone is earnest in learning then I will sit down with them over a coffee or a drink and help them getting into a good broker and links for research and planning and get them started on penny stocks so they learn volatility right off the bat.
between work, kids, and trying to enjoy life this is why i'm content to pay ameriprise to manage my retirement funds. last i checked the gains on my 401k over the last 12 months are north of 30%, so i'm content with that decision.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
shhhhh

let him have his fun

My biggest weakness is ignoring questionable data analysis. If I fall into a coma just drop a printout of someone's attempt to use economic data to support trickle down theory into my lap. If that doesn't work just do the same with denial of human caused global warming.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I have a feeling that will be pennies in the next week or two.
As do I, which is why I set a sell trigger at $0.35. Going to see what tomorrow brings, as people try to push it up for 4/20, but I'm gonna watch closely as that reeks of pump n' dump.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
More than likely, but I think its a better product than the cyber truck and the IPO is really under valued right now since they arent showing any income yet. Either way I play the market, not necessarily the politics.....Unless of course musk tweets something, lol
plus more competition in the EV market is a good thing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rivian's valuation exceeded the worlds largest automotive manufacturer, Volkswagen. I hope they can pump out 9 million cars a year.

For perspective VW, already delivered more than 200,000 electric cars last year.

Not saying the stock price isn't going to go up, but it is pretty much a fake stock price. I understand Jeff Bezos invested a bunch to see if he could out do Musk on the electric car front. Would be nice if these assholes tried to be competitive with Bill Gates and try to out do him with charitable organizations instead.

Last edited: