Votes: 22 51.2%

Votes: 7 16.3%

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ok today for lunch I went to the neighborhood deli and got a turkey sandwich.

This was my total order:
(1) Quart of Skim Milk
(1)5" dia. chocolate chip cookie (pre-ride power-up)
(1)Turkey Sandwich on a hard roll with Lettuce Tomatoe and Mayo.

How much do you think this cost me?

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
I guessed the highest amount. I figured if you were starting a thread about it, the price must have been outrageous. For your sake, though, I hope you enjoyed the lunch for the $3.52 option! :D

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
antimony said:
I guessed the highest amount. I figured if you were starting a thread about it, the price must have been outrageous. For your sake, though, I hope you enjoyed the lunch for the $3.52 option! :D
you would think that but it is most likely one below the highest, the highest would be the obvious choice for the reason you stated...so back it off 1 then you are in touch with stosh's psyche...

$8.72

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
manhattanprjkt83 said:
def 8.75 no doubt.
that was my guess. the milk is likely at least a dollar, the cookie maybe $0.75, and i can't see a place selling a sandwich for $1.50. but maybe that 5.62 is looking better.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
w00dy said:
I have a buddy who drinks a quart of chocolate milk after a ride.
Just watching him do that on a hot sweaty day makes me want to puke.
The Next Great Sports Drink: Chocolate Milk?

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting this morning that a recent study concluded that chocolate milk was more effective than EnduroxR4 and just as effective as Gatorade when tested on elite bicyclists. According to the paper, the study has been accepted for publication in the International Journal of Sports Nutrition and it was presented to the American College of Sports Medicine last year. "Milk has more (calories) because of the fat proteins in carbohydrates," said Dr. Joel Stager, a kinesiology professor and director of Indiana's Counsilman Center for the Science of Swimming. "That is one of the dilemmas. Our next study is designed to control calorie content and other carbohydrate content." I'm honestly a bit perplexed by the information in this article. It is written as if it is a during-exercise test, but if that were the case, why would the researchers use EnduroxR4, which is a recovery drink? The writer -- and perhaps even the researcher -- also doesn't seem to be aware that Gatorade makes nutrition shakes high in calories that contains milk proteins, or of the fact that swimmers have been drinking energy milks for years. Gatorade inventor Dr. Robert Cade invented Go!, a milk protein concentrate drink, in the late 1980s, and many Division I swimming programs use the product today.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
stosh said:
Ok today for lunch I went to the neighborhood deli and got a turkey sandwich.

This was my total order:
(1) Quart of Skim Milk
(1)5" dia. chocolate chip cookie (pre-ride power-up)
(1)Turkey Sandwich on a hard roll with Lettuce Tomatoe and Mayo.

How much do you think this cost me?

if its comprable to the deli where i used to work my guess is 9.19. milk is disgusting by the way.

J

JRB

More than my Dairy Queen, which was $5.50. OK - I had to add $1.29 to that for my ice cream cone.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I guessed $9.19 since I figured it was unlikely that the sales tax would cause it to add up to an even number like $8.75.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
laura said:
if its comprable to the deli where i used to work my guess is 9.19. milk is disgusting by the way.
Milk is indeed disgusting. Cheese on the other hand... :drool:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
laura said:
do you have to be dramatic about everything. how many days will this be drawn out? until your next lunch-scapade?
Are you hitting on me?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
I guessed $9.19 since I figured it was unlikely that the sales tax would cause it to add up to an even number like $8.75.
You are such a dork!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
9 bucks for that, and you carp about trying to save $ for a house?

:clue:
I got the $ for a house biatch!

I'm f'ing ticked off I paid that much.