Quantcast

the price is wrong, b*tch!

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
k, got a friend who's offering me a 2002 specialized bighit downhill frame, with a few scratches and dents that don't affect the functionality at all. with the front end of the drivetrain, the seatpost and seat clamp, and the rear wheel, he's asking 600. i talked to the owner of my local shop, and off the top of his head, he said that's pretty pricey. now i'm comin to the public; how much would you pay for a used specialized bighit?

:think:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
yeah an 02 thats beat up is not worth that. no way no how. Shock technology and linkage alone should make you want to buy the newer one for the same price.

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
BurlyShirley said:
yeah an 02 thats beat up is not worth that. no way no how. Shock technology and linkage alone should make you want to buy the newer one for the same price.
i rode it when it was built up and really like it. it is not beat up beyond normal usage, and has no damage that would affect the functionality, i.e. it's in perfect working condition, which is mostly all i care about. however, i'll try to lower the price with him. if i can't, i'll go to whoever is selling the other one. could someone get me a url on that? thanks.

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
kdog-rider said:
Henry you did not mention that there is an MRP System 2 chainguild, Almost new FSA V-drive extreme cranks and FSA Platinum botom bracket included with it.
you mentioned that the chainguide would be included, but said that the cranks would only come with it under certain circumstances, it's just that that your base price for the frame only is 550, and that seems pretty steep. to me. just getting an idea. and if you look above, i did actually mention that the front end of the drivetrain is included. :D