Quantcast

The Ranch in SoCal

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
So, my boys and I took a look at it last weekend. Here is what we saw. Some potential, but not actual. There were some small tables built up, and the middle of the three attached pix looks like a good spot for a pump track. As you can see in the last of the three attachments, the local ground gets eaten up quick by rain, so it looks like lots of trail work may be needed to keep things nice.

Al C. Oholic

Monkey
Feb 11, 2010
FoCo
per third image, looks like it has potential as a nice DH/FR run but may have to import some harder dirt and dig some good navigation for water around features. however, keep in mind i've never been there, but looks close to some buildings so i dunno who owns the property but look out for who spots you building and/or ask permission first!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
There are plans in the works for the property owner to build on this site for DH trails. My buds and I went to check it out to see the progress, and this is all we saw. It sounds like the "plans" are one guy and a shovel spending some spare time on the hill. It isn't that far out of LA. I'm hoping we can find some info on build days and get a crew to head out and help.

mugs4pres

Chimp
Jul 8, 2007
pic 3 has some great erosion! i bet braking down that will be fantastic and make it erode even faster!!! Try telling the owner to throw in some water bars

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
That is just the nature of SoCal dirt; in the rain, that is what it does. Because of that, I'd be shocked to see any features hold up for long without a fair amount of regular work. I've seen SoCal dirt jumps stay strong, but they require a fair amount of work and a regular water source. I sure didn't see any convenient outlets to plug a hose into out there.