Quantcast

the random thought thread

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I'm half-drunk at a company event, in a ranch. Almost killed a cat while doing half-drunk archery.
If it's outside it's probably snacking on native animals, line that sucker up!
However, if you are doing indoor archery you may be more than half drunk, leave the cat alone, it's a good indoor cat.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Apple currently have the most annoying ads on TV(In Australia).
The "Don't let me go" one looks like it might be an American ad, God it sucks!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm not sure if I'm just getting old, or if Pinkbike is just getting bad, but I haven't really seen an article on their front page I've been interested in reading for a few weeks now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm not sure if I'm just getting old, or if Pinkbike is just getting bad, but I haven't really seen an article on their front page I've been interested in reading for a few weeks now.
Wait, you guys used to be interested in reading Pinkbike articles?

1712329030618.png

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
So. Driving back from an eclipse-chasing adventure on Monday with a bunch of teenagers and another game dad -- one of those things you appreciate doing, as you know these kids are about to head off to college and forget you exist for a good while. We hit a rest stop on 81 South, just past all that horrible construction. There's a Camaro parked along the main entrance, across from where you'd normally park, out of which jump three not unattractive women, in not unrealving get-ups, looking like something straight out of a tiktok thirst meme. I am sitting in the open hatch of my 4runner, munching on a sourdough pretzel, waiting for my charges to return from using the bathroom. These sirens, who had what I thnk was Bey's new country record blasting, were dancing around waving at everyone, and at one point one of them blows me a kiss. I felt like Chevy Chase in the movie "Vacation," sitting there like some middle-aged schmuck, while Christie Brinkley dances around a few yards away in front of a Ferrari.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Updating my resume and thinking of adding the line "Somehow some way, keep coming up with funky assed shit nearly every single day"

Or would that be better off in the cover letter?

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
So, I bought a pair of those Hoka trail running shoes, mostly because I liked the vibram soles on them. Apparently I have joined a cult now? You can't walk 10 feet in these things without some asshole telling you how much they love Hoka shoes and how many pairs they own.