Quantcast

the random thought thread

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
You can't beat stupid.

My brother is a pretty decent photographer and he said a couple of my shots would look pretty good with a bit of editing.
I told him that editing photos is cheating and is no different to me doing a race run then having a cry to officials saying that I could have done better in a few spots and they adjust the time accordingly. No matter how much he tried, I refused to listen and left the convo with my fingers in my ears making la la la la la noises.

It's bad to Photoshop people to make them look more attractive but it is fine to make nature shots more appealing than you'd see with the naked eye, I don't get it.

#fixitinpost

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Yesterday I saw someone at work wearing black crocs & black socks with dress pants. Seriously 'merica?!?!?!? Is that now the new lazy business casual?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
If you set the IFP depth on a Fox Float with the depth gauge in the centre of the piston the shock won't reach full travel.

Figured I'd have a crack at a full rebuild on a 2014 Float CTD, it went okay, the shock feels just as shitful as it did when new.
I could only get 260psi in the IFP chamber as I am weak, might do the schrader valve mod and borrow a high pressure pump.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
If you set the IFP depth on a Fox Float with the depth gauge in the centre of the piston the shock won't reach full travel.

Figured I'd have a crack at a full rebuild on a 2014 Float CTD, it went okay, the shock feels just as shitful as it did when new.
I could only get 260psi in the IFP chamber as I am weak, might do the schrader valve mod and borrow a high pressure pump.
They ride better if you make them go boom first. :homer:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
When you get that random onion ring or tater tot in your fires & it makes you wish you ordered onion ring/tots instead. #firstworldprobs

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
When you get that random onion ring or tater tot in your fires & it makes you wish you ordered onion ring/tots instead. #firstworldprobs
You may even want to go out and get those right now if you live in FL or GA

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I miss getting computer viruses, I ran XP until 8 came out and every three months or so my keys would start typing different letters or something else weird would happen. Since going to 8 I've had one virus in six years and I accidentally installed that one myself. I ran Windows 10 for a couple of weeks but is was slow and reminded me of 7 so 8 was reinstalled and the world was good again.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I miss getting computer viruses, I ran XP until 8 came out and every three months or so my keys would start typing different letters or something else weird would happen. Since going to 8 I've had one virus in six years and I accidentally installed that one myself. I ran Windows 10 for a couple of weeks but is was slow and reminded me of 7 so 8 was reinstalled and the world was good again.
paging dr @SkaredShtles to the windows 8 phone please

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Crown races should have stopped being called crown races when headsets went to cartridge bearings, it's a bearing seat dammit!

A lady with a qualification thinks I have ADHD and OCD, I think I'm just excitable and like rules and logic.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I wonder if French people say "Soupe of the day" so they seem a bit more fancy that the average French person?

I post in here too much.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I like eggs on sandwiches, mashed with whole egg mayo, a bit of salt, pepper, Italian herbs and a few drops of lime juice.