Quantcast

the random thought thread

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Even as a gifted child I somehow thought the more tail pipes a vehicle had the faster it went. :think:
I wish i had some of my motorcycling drawings from when i was 8 with a dozen tail pipes.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Even as a gifted child I somehow thought the more tail pipes a vehicle had the faster it went. :think:
I wish i had some of my motorcycling drawings from when i was 8 with a dozen tail pipes.
Still, the DeTomaso Mangusta is one of my favorite designs. I remember seeing an 8-exhaust pipe version.

Last edited:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I seriously dont remember cooking this fried rice with corn or peas & distinctly remember putting lots of snap peas in it, which there aren't any.
I wonder who's leftovers I heated up instead of mine? :think:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I seriously dont remember cooking this fried rice with corn or peas & distinctly remember putting lots of snap peas in it, which there aren't any.
I wonder who's leftovers I heated up instead of mine? :think:
With your line of business, I'd hope someone didn't add extra "protein" to their meal.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
annoying af when a restaurant calls their green beans haricots verts, & they are way to old to be haricots verts.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I hate Pintrest, couldn't imagine how much it's ramped up the stupid questions that furniture makers get.

Can you put glow in the dark resin in to a reclaimed timber table top? Can you remove the no longer on trend glow in the dark resin from my table and replace it with bronze? Can you make a rusty screen for my outdoor area? The screen stained my concrete, can you replace the steel and paint cement panel it so it looks rusty? Oh fuck, now it needs laser cut holes, can you do that? Can you make this new thing look old?

Fuck trends, buy quality.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I hate Pintrest, couldn't imagine how much it's ramped up the stupid questions that furniture makers get.

Can you put glow in the dark resin in to a reclaimed timber table top? Can you remove the no longer on trend glow in the dark resin from my table and replace it with bronze? Can you make a rusty screen for my outdoor area? The screen stained my concrete, can you replace the steel and paint cement panel it so it looks rusty? Oh fuck, now it needs laser cut holes, can you do that? Can you make this new thing look old?

Fuck trends, buy quality.
do you make furniture?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Grammar is not my strong suit, but nobody I’ve asked can tell me why you can’t say the sentence, “I don’t know where you’re”. Everyone just seems offended that I would even contemplate trying that. :rofl:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Grammar is not my strong suit, but nobody I’ve asked can tell me why you can’t say the sentence, “I don’t know where you’re”. Everyone just seems offended that I would even contemplate trying that. :rofl:
That is just stupid. I am going to start saying that in spite of the rule. I already know I am an asshole.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not counting coconuts, biting, chewing and swallowing from a bulb of garlic would be the worst item to consume out of the norm in the fruit and vegetable section at the supermarket (unless they have any kind of olives, then all bets are off).

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
When my team lead comes over to show me something on my work station & he continually rages cuz he cant figure out my hot corners gives me palpable joy.

FROM THE HONORABLE MINISTER OF DELICATE INSTRUMENTS​

TO MISS LANTERN​

My dear friend,

Believe me I was sincerely afflicted when I learned of the loss
you have suffered: a steam-powered urinal is not easily replaced. Yours,
Which had among other precious peculiarities, the ability to sing the
Marsellaise when in use, was certainly worthy of the esteem you
bestowed upon it. So, it is easy for me to understand the despair that
your sister felt when it became evident that the urinal was definitavely
lost. Nevertheless, from that to a suicide is quite a step! And although I
know that many fond memories were associated with its posession, I
cannot but condemn such a fatal resolve. But this censure does not
prevent me from profoundly deploring her sad end. A suicide is always,
for those close to the deceased, a tragic and agonizing event; but when
it is accomplished by means of jam, one cannot be less than terrified.
Never would I have believed that your sister could resolve to die
embedded in a vat of jam! Adn yet, all those unlucky enough to befriend
her knew of her almost morbid attraction to jam, even in jars. Do you
remember how she could not contain herself when she saw it with
desserts, how she had to caress it even before serving herself? Numer-
ousincidents of this nature should have aroused our suspicion; but,
blind that we were, we never understood their profound significance.
Her love of jam was in the end the love of death by jam; and it took
the completion of her fatal gesture for us to understand it all. Nonethe-
less, I shiver at the thought of how her last moments must have been.

Please believe that I share your pain, and approve of your decision to
banish jam from your life. This is a healthy reaction and I can only com-
mend it from the bottom of my heart. It demonstrates both your deter-
mination, and your courage in overcoming pain, as well as your instinct
for self-preservation. I am truly glad that without jam, you do not,
indeed, risk letting yourself be compelled to follow the example of
your sister.

BENJAMIN PÉRET​

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
as I drove past the miles long traffic jam of frenzied xmas shoppers all trying to funnel into the local outlet mall. My only thought was "there is absolutely nothing there that would be worth hours trying to park and hours in line at stores" yet the lemmings queue....

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
A couple of years ago my neighbours' dogs were barking through the night right next to where I sleep. It didn't bother them as their bedrooms are at the other end of the house.

Seems their neighbour has a new dog and has barked most of the night and it is right next to all of their bedrooms, hahahaha!
I'm listening to a dog bark with am evil smirk on my farce, yup, I'm an asshole.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I watched a video on YouTube on how to get to sleep, it suggested that I imagine that I am kayaking alone somewhere beautiful.......

I thought that sounded pretty boring so I imagined a dog in to the scene, spent the next half hour trying to work out the best way to get a wet cattle dog back in to a kayak without drowning. Reliable sleep would be awesome, never been much good at the whole sleep thing.