Quantcast

the random thought thread

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
If you have a dirt bike with a quiet pipe you can hear the person riding the wrong way coming at you.

In all other cases-
1593343717866.png

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
If you have a dirt bike with a quiet pipe you can hear the person riding the wrong way coming at you.
Oh definitely referring to the Harley crew, not dirt bikes. Seems odd to me, as a non-rider, that the loud pipes save lives, but that same life-saving attitude doesn't extend to full face helmets and appropriate riding apparel.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
had a harley go by yesterday that was so stupidly loud. I cold hear it reach the highway a mile down the road then another 2-3 minutes after it got on the highway,.probably 3 miles. should be a legal huntin season on them loud fuckers
Given your line of work, I'd expect you'd be more sympathetic. Just imagine how many lives those loud pipes have saved!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Credit scores are a racket. Dictates your financial opportunities, yet it goes down if you look at it and costs $15/mo for the privilege. WTF is that shit?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I feel the same way about assholes that roar past in "I have a small dick so I made my vehicle louder to compensate" Cars and trucks as I do loud motorcycles. No one wants to hear that shit for miles and miles.
Around here its the sport bikes. We live on a 1/2 mile straight road with a 45 mph speed limit, and those jackals can't help but scream by doing 90 at like 8K rpm. Its infuriating.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Around here its the sport bikes. We live on a 1/2 mile straight road with a 45 mph speed limit, and those jackals can't help but scream by doing 90 at like 8K rpm. Its infuriating.
I saw this almost daily for 12 years. This was a head on. That's the riders imprint on the Porsche windshield. Rider lived but with extreme injuries. I was lead medic
P1000237.jpg
P1000239.jpg
P1000238.jpg
P1000240.jpg

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Credit scores are a racket. Dictates your financial opportunities, yet it goes down if you look at it and costs $15/mo for the privilege. WTF is that shit?
Yup, don't get it either.
My oldest just went into the bank regarding loan eligibility.
Bank got real confused. Their internal score for him was an A with a 722.
However one of the credit rating companies had him as a D (no idea on the number). He requested his report, and it shows a store CC he had for 6 months for a promotion and large purchase. Card was closed, no late, no missed, paid early the immediately closed. Next is his current CC (with the Bank above). Again, no missed, balance usually fully paid each month etc. Nothing else on the report. Nobody so far can tell him why his rating is crap as both items on it show very good habits. Apparently they are looking into it and will be in touch.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Oh I do, but my score varies as much as 60 points between the different bureaus. Makes it hard to figure out what one's real score is with that kind of variation.
Unfortunately the lowest score is usually the one that underwriters work with. Hard credit check lowers your score as it indicates an intent for taking another loan. Soft credit check should not have any impact, so just checking your own score should be harmless.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rating is only affected by hard reports used during an actual credit application. There is probably a correlation between people extensively shopping credit opportunities and poor repayment.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Selling things via Facebook marketplace makes me wish I spoke Spanish. Probably 75% of the people I interact with are native Spanish speakers.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I could help you with some translations if you wish, just DM me and we'll work it from there.
Appreciate the offer. Im trying to struggle through it with the idea that some day I will visit a Spanish speaking country, and I'll be happy to know something. Being bi-lingual is always a positive.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Tubeless GP5000 road tyres on carbon rims are almost impossible to mount.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Parking Garages downtown. Find a saw horse at a construction site. Repatriate it along with a super long pallet and a long floor matt for the lead up. Also repatriate a 4 x 8 piece of plywood to the garage. Set things up however you see fit. Take the elevator to the top and ride down. So much fun. The one by me is 6 levels. The no brake challenge is regrettable. Nobody has made it yet.