Quantcast

the random thought thread

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
While I'm the first one to reckon I'm not a car audio aficionado, I have also to admit I understood maybe 11% of what you just wrote...
Yeah it is a bunch of tired rambling, when I have slept well I find I offer my assistance on people's silly projects but when they want them done I am running on little sleep and I just get the shits at myself and the owner.
I get to make a new wiring loom for a car soon, yaaaaaay, must have had a great sleep when I agreed to that one :cray:
I should probably go back to studying and get an auto elec qualification, might be able to get my wage bumped up a bit.

After I sort other people's stuff I can build my own little powered speakers, bought a Raspberry Pi and a Beocreate 4ch amp which gives me a music server/streamer thingy and really useful electronic EQ and crossover adjustments.
Still have to get tweeters, looking at BlieSMa T25A-6 as the Beryllium ones are too dear.

Attachments

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Presents this Christmas/B Day got a bit weird, I got vegan cookbooks from my brother, my sister got me a rotisserie for the BBQ, beer can chicken holder and a bluetooth thermometer.
Might have to try a tofu roast.........Any tips?
1609676954568.png

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yeah it is a bunch of tired rambling, when I have slept well I find I offer my assistance on people's silly projects but when they want them done I am running on little sleep and I just get the shits at myself and the owner.
I get to make a new wiring loom for a car soon, yaaaaaay, must have had a great sleep when I agreed to that one :cray:
I should probably go back to studying and get an auto elec qualification, might be able to get my wage bumped up a bit.

After I sort other people's stuff I can build my own little powered speakers, bought a Raspberry Pi and a Beocreate 4ch amp which gives me a music server/streamer thingy and really useful electronic EQ and crossover adjustments.
Still have to get tweeters, looking at BlieSMa T25A-6 as the Beryllium ones are too dear.
All I have to add is that I am still kicking myself for selling my SD1200 for $250.00...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
How can autocorrect be so good, so bad?

It'll easily turn behduxhejebsvcfthlewe into because, yet throws up its hands when you put konitoring instead of monitoring.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Blue balls - when you shit in a portable toilet after they clean it and the turd splashes blue toilet water all over your testicles.
Privided the opportunity I would prefer to dig a hole and shit in the woods.

Also people in Washington don't see to understand that dig a hole step.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
A few years ago, I was getting a coffee in Starbucks when I watched a middle-aged white woman hold her cup with both hands, take a sip with her eyes closed, put her cup down and let out an "aaahhhh!" with eyes still closed and half smile. You would think she was filming a commercial.

The amount of rage and homicidal thoughts that went through my body after seeing that is still something I remember all this time later.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
A few years ago, I was getting a coffee in Starbucks when I watched a middle-aged white woman hold her cup with both hands, take a sip with her eyes closed, put her cup down and let out an "aaahhhh!" with eyes still closed and half smile. You would think she was filming a commercial.

The amount of rage and homicidal thoughts that went through my body after seeing that is still something I remember all this time later.
LOL! I hear you! I once kicked one of my former co-workers off our Slack channel because he stated there was nothing like a Starbucks coffee with a blueberry muffin...

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I like that phones have gone full circle, I can just get my four day working week on a single charge.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Just preordered the S21 Ultra. The 5000mAh should be the tits. The 3000Mah on my S9+ CAN last all day, depending on how much i use it at work. Only reason im upgrading is because IF 5g is gonna cook us, i may as well use it.
Those things look pretty awesome, the last couple of top spec Samsung phones to come to Oz came with a shitty processor compared to the proper version, wonder what the 21 Ultra will have?
I really wanted a CAT S62 but I'm a dirty old racist that doesn't like sending all the world's manufacturing to China.
I'm probably going to quit my job fairly soon anyway so I don't really need a thermal camera, would be handy for checking battery links in 48V packs, chairs after I fart on them, bad earths etc etc.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Those things look pretty awesome, the last couple of top spec Samsung phones to come to Oz came with a shitty processor compared to the proper version, wonder what the 21 Ultra will have?
I really wanted a CAT S62 but I'm a dirty old racist that doesn't like sending all the world's manufacturing to China.
I'm probably going to quit my job fairly soon anyway so I don't really need a thermal camera, would be handy for checking battery links in 48V packs, chairs after I fart on them, bad earths etc etc.
I didn't know they changed processors when importing to different places. I wonder why? Though i am kinda mad they are pulling an Apple and did away the charger, and with expandable SD card memory. But i got the 512 gig one anyway, so i dont plan to run out of memory anytime soon. But performance wise, its supposed to be way better than the S20 ultra, and i expect it to blow the doors off my 9+. I will also have to get an S-pen to try out.
I am also not a fan of under screen ultra sonic fingerprint scanner. My friend has an S20 with a screen protector, and the scanner sticks out like a sore and is very unappealing. I have always liked the fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone. I believe my 7 edge had it on the back as well and it just feels my secure in my hand when unlocking it vs having to use the screen to unlock it. Plus you could use it for the drop down menu. I know they made the scanner bigger on the 21, but im hoping they also made it fit nicer and not cause a larger dot in the middle of the screen.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I didn't know they changed processors when importing to different places.
Samsung always releases their top tier phones with Qualcomm SOCs for Japan/USA/Canada/Europe, and a slightly cheaper version with their own Exynos SOCs for Latam/Eastern Europe/Asia. According to Samsung themselves, there's no performance difference between both models, but everyone I know who's used to buy Samsung hunts down the Snapdragon-powered ones.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I didn't know they changed processors when importing to different places. I wonder why? Though i am kinda mad they are pulling an Apple and did away the charger, and with expandable SD card memory. But i got the 512 gig one anyway, so i dont plan to run out of memory anytime soon. But performance wise, its supposed to be way better than the S20 ultra, and i expect it to blow the doors off my 9+. I will also have to get an S-pen to try out.
I am also not a fan of under screen ultra sonic fingerprint scanner. My friend has an S20 with a screen protector, and the scanner sticks out like a sore and is very unappealing. I have always liked the fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone. I believe my 7 edge had it on the back as well and it just feels my secure in my hand when unlocking it vs having to use the screen to unlock it. Plus you could use it for the drop down menu. I know they made the scanner bigger on the 21, but im hoping they also made it fit nicer and not cause a larger dot in the middle of the screen.
Yup, it has happened again but this time it looks like the processor we get is much better than the previous models.
I don't use any sort of security on my phone so a fingerprint reader is of no concern, not really a "power user" so I just want something made from plastic so it bounces, a big battery and decent cameras.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Samsung always releases their top tier phones with Qualcomm SOCs for Japan/USA/Canada/Europe, and a slightly cheaper version with their own Exynos SOCs for Latam/Eastern Europe/Asia. According to Samsung themselves, there's no performance difference between both models, but everyone I know who's used to buy Samsung hunts down the Snapdragon-powered ones.
Interesting. Is it a cost saving measure or because of import/export regulations or such, or some arbitrary reason?

Yup, it has happened again but this time it looks like the processor we get is much better than the previous models.
I don't use any sort of security on my phone so a fingerprint reader is of no concern, not really a "power user" so I just want something made from plastic so it bounces, a big battery and decent cameras.
The only real reason i bring up the fingerprint scanner is because it is noticeably there and pretty distracting. Like if someone had a 3rd eyeball, you couldnt help but look at it. I didnt see the phone before the screen protector was installed, so i dont know if it noticeable without the screen protector or not.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Interesting. Is it a cost saving measure or because of import/export regulations or such, or some arbitrary reason?
I believe I read somewhere it had more to do with the perceived performance of a well established brand, such as Qualcomm versus a homegrown solution in the first world countries. Samsung improved its own SOCs incrementally, and today the Exynos SOCs are supposed to be on pair with the top Snapdragon ones.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Barely-noticeable Airpods make my wife noticeably less irritated when I walk around the home listening to music than my large wireless Sony headphones.