Quantcast

the random thought thread

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Samsung should never have started making forklifts and Hyster/Yale should not have kept the Samsung dream alive.
Fuck Crown too, who puts a 5000hr service life on an engine? Stupid Daewoo pieces of shit!
Rabble rabble rabble, Japan FTW!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> MIL got all butthurt last night cause we didn't just accept her assertion that only yogurt that says, contains "probiotics" actually contains probiotics. Which is incorrect, since all yogurt technically contains probiotics, whether alive, dead, or of the many different varieties they may add.
Yeah - yogurt without probiotics is just plain old fucking milk. :disgust:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Cemeteries are a waste of space and resources. Our town report indicates that it spends 25% more maintaining a single cemetery than the parks and recreation department across multiple properties. There's something wrong with that equation.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Cemeteries are a waste of space and resources. Our town report indicates that it spends 25% more maintaining a single cemetery than the parks and recreation department across multiple properties. There's something wrong with that equation.
Make the dead pay property taxes

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just some random stuff. I think we've all experienced over flowing trails and whatnot over the past year.

I was looking at some stats on Trail Forks today and saw the following the following...

Copeland Forest - outside of Toronto. Hard to navigate.

Don Valley - located in downtown Toronto. Literal shitshow of people and trails.

Ontario as a whole. Was expecting more of a spike for 2020 - but this is just Trail Forks, which is just a snippet of the actual riding population. Will be interesting to see at the end of this year, as Trail Forks is definitely gaining more traction over most other trail apps (round here at least).

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
$10 DHL shipping from UK: 3 business days with proper tracking
$30 DHL shipping from DE: 3 weeks to 3 months without having any clues WTF is going on

The difference: DHL UK not using USPS but their own network of couriers.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
My boss shits me at times.
My petrol compressor started misfiring so I drained the fuel, stripped the carby down, cleaned then reassembled it and the thing ran the same. So, logic says it's a spark problem(gov is working properly).

He asks if I have played with the mixture so I inform that it should not be a mixture issue as it went to crap whilst running.
He "plays with the mixture" until it stops and won't start.
Him and his son do the same on customers' gear, don't diagnose something properly and adjust timing and mixture without writing down any changes they have made, fuck!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My boss shits me at times.
My petrol compressor started misfiring so I drained the fuel, stripped the carby down, cleaned then reassembled it and the thing ran the same. So, logic says it's a spark problem(gov is working properly).

He asks if I have played with the mixture so I inform that it should not be a mixture issue as it went to crap whilst running.
He "plays with the mixture" until it stops and won't start.
Him and his son do the same on customers' gear, don't diagnose something properly and adjust timing and mixture without writing down any changes they have made, fuck!

Gonna guess they don't understand how "spark" works and therefore ignore it being a potential problem.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Gonna guess they don't understand how "spark" works and therefore ignore it being a potential problem.
Yeah because you can't "fiddle" with the spark on a compressor so they dismiss it.
It sucks having to finish jobs that they have started, you just assume anything that can be adjusted has been adjusted.
That reminds me, I have to send my spark tester back for warranty.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Nothing gets your attention like getting a Home insurance cancellation policy because your "agent" made the mortgage servicer send your money to another insurance company that you never consented to switch to... :mad:
How the fuck is that even possible / legal? :butcher:

"Crazy Phil" Ramey and I, on one of our weekend long motorcycle rages, were heading south one night on I91 going through Hartford, got confused where it crossed I84, and stopped to confer. A patrol car stopped and, after the officer requested that we turn off our engines so they could hear, asked what was up and we told them. They said "follow me", turned on the blues, and led us out of town at about 100 MPH.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Why do they make it so hard to recycle electronics? I know a healthy number of the materials inside are recyclable and should be recycled, but it kind of chaps my ass that the town recycling facility is open for 3 hours on a single day once a month.

It's a bit of a value trap when it costs $3 to throw it away yet $30 to recycle.