Quantcast

the random thought thread

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wow, tolls being removed on a freeway? Has this ever been done before?

Sure, its no coincidence that there is an election in June. :confused:

Kind of dumb if you ask me. These are super short "connection" highways and there's a total of 5 interchanges on them combined - 3 of which only go in one direction. And if you go north on either, you just get tolled when you go onto the next freeway.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Seems I spent so long on the pooper that by the time I finished my HDMI cable had become outdated and would no longer transmit the HDCP footage it was happily passing just 15 minutes ago.

It's nice that Netflix post a dud link of where to go to read about your issue and they make the Windows codes so you can't copy and paste them, fantastic.

Bring back RGB for video and Coax for audio.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Wow, tolls being removed on a freeway? Has this ever been done before?

Sure, its no coincidence that there is an election in June. :confused:

Kind of dumb if you ask me. These are super short "connection" highways and there's a total of 5 interchanges on them combined - 3 of which only go in one direction. And if you go north on either, you just get tolled when you go onto the next freeway.
Tolls on a FREEway? No, that’s why it’s called a freeway. :P Now, removing tolls on a road/highway. Yes, it has been done before, all over the world. Usually goes the other direction in my experience.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Assuming an average length of 8", with an average rate of 1 deposit per day, I poop 4.67' per week, 18.67' per month, and 224' per year. Now, assuming those averages are true, lifetime averages, that would mean I've pooped 7,840' in my life. That's almost 1.5 miles of dookie.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Assuming an average length of 8", with an average rate of 1 deposit per day, I poop 4.67' per week, 18.67' per month, and 224' per year. Now, assuming those averages are true, lifetime averages, that would mean I've pooped 7,840' in my life. That's almost 1.5 miles of dookie.
Probably closer to 7,200' net length when you factor things going in.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am far from the most sophisticated person in the world but being near people who lick their fingers when they eat sickens me.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Makes me irate how many things you buy these days that require a subscription service just to use the object in the first place. Fuck off with that nonsense.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I have always wanted a perfect rain jacket but have never found one, I emailed a company to see if they will modify one of their designs to include pit zips and to have both hook and loop and elastic at the cuffs.

I don't dig in the rain all that much these days, I used to really enjoy it but I always got angry at the jackets I had, not waterproof waterproof zips, not waterproof waterproof pockets, no caps on the end of the visor wire, zips that are fuckwitts, stupid fabric choice that wets out easily etc etc.
A trailbuilder's jacket should be a thing.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I have always wanted a perfect rain jacket but have never found one, I emailed a company to see if they will modify one of their designs to include pit zips and to have both hook and loop and elastic at the cuffs.

I don't dig in the rain all that much these days, I used to really enjoy it but I always got angry at the jackets I had, not waterproof waterproof zips, not waterproof waterproof pockets, no caps on the end of the visor wire, zips that are fuckwitts, stupid fabric choice that wets out easily etc etc.
A trailbuilder's jacket should be a thing.
Check out the Columbia Outdry shells. They come really close to what you are looking for.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
December 2019 - guy fucks a pangolin and screws up the world for the next 2+ years.
2022 - Putin, hold my beer.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
If I were a police officer, I'd focus almost 100% of my efforts on traffic violations, especially, cell phone use while driving. No excuses, no warnings, just tickets.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
People who use social media incessantly annoy the shit out of me. And those who use it to post prayers to some invisible, imaginary and all powerful friend in the sky annoy the everloving shit out of me. Seriously, do you think this entity who is supposed to be watching over every living thing and every dead things soul has the time to check your FB or Twitter posts? Being all powerful and omniscient must be a huge pain in the ass. Even for an imaginary being.

Robots
Reverentor
Identifies, photodocuments, and shreds roadside shrines, advertising, and billboards, including religious, political, and warfare iconography, and military and police equipment and infrastructure.

Parkingtrainor
Using a CO2 laser, slices of portions of parked vehicles that go outside of marked parking space, are on sidewalk, or blocking pedestrian walkway, road, or driveway. Suppresses any resultant combustion, separates, compacts and bricks (SCBs) removed sections. SCBs double-parked vehicles as specified above.

Eliminator
Shreds and SCBs ricers with fart cans and good old boy pickups, leaving driver seated and confused on roadside.

Defencor
Identifies, removes, and SCBs wire fencing and associated gates and cattle guards.

Daminator
Starting from the sea, breaches dams, dykes, and levees. Does so at the rate of one a year. Clones itself when it encounters a tributary. Recognizes and leaves undisturbed natural barriers, e.g. beaver dams.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Robots
Reverentor
Identifies, photodocuments, and shreds roadside shrines, advertising, and billboards, including religious, political, and warfare iconography, and military and police equipment and infrastructure.

Parkingtrainor
Using a CO2 laser, slices of portions of parked vehicles that go outside of marked parking space, are on sidewalk, or blocking pedestrian walkway, road, or driveway. Suppresses any resultant combustion, separates, compacts and bricks (SCBs) removed sections. SCBs double-parked vehicles as specified above.

Eliminator
Shreds and SCBs ricers with fart cans and good old boy pickups, leaving driver seated and confused on roadside.

Defencor
Identifies, removes, and SCBs wire fencing and associated gates and cattle guards.

Daminator
Starting from the sea, breaches dams, dykes, and levees. Does so at the rate of one a year. Clones itself when it encounters a tributary. Recognizes and leaves undisturbed natural barriers, e.g. beaver dams.
Yesterday someone parked on the street and blocked half of my driveway. I was standing on the sidewalk trying to decide what to do when the owner returned. I just kind of stood in her way making intense eye contact. Once she realized what was going on diverted her eyes. I just kept staring. As she was getting into her car kept uncomfortably looking over her shoulder.

Safe to say I doubt she will not show her face in this neighborhood again. Sadly I didn't have time to toss some pennies in the tailpipe.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I don't like Wurth sales people, they were trying to sell us on their cable and said that customers like their it as it can take as much current as larger diameter wire made by other companies.

They send stupid people(usually) out to sell average products at ridiculous prices so I let them know that what we use is locally made wire that is made from OFC 99% copper wire and that they only way their claims could be accurate if they are comparing it against CCAW or they are using a thinner insulation which isn't a great idea in automotive environment.
The sales person was only 50% of the way to their sales target and didn't seem to like my want to support a company that manufactures in Oz instead of helping one person reach a sales target and pedaling overpriced Chinese made wire.
Fuck Wurth, rabble rabble rabble!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If you fall asleep in a hammock and your phone rings. Odds are you will not be able to contort yourself into a position where you can retrieve and answer it. Why do we add a "w" to the word answer in the spelling and not the pronunciation? /ˈansər/ What would the problem be if we all agreed to omit the W.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Android 10, bad.
Android 11, good.
Android 12, bad.

I swear there is someone at google watching me through my camera as I try to hang the phone up, and they would be laughing their ass off.
Much swearing and pulling of faces happens.

EDIT- Actually, I have no front camera so there would be someone from Google hiding in the bushes laughing.
Fuck Android!