Quantcast

the random thought thread

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I like the sound of a stainless spoon scraping the bottom of a nice pot or pan.
I wonder if people that never use metal utensils in pots have frameskin on all their bikes?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've seen a few swans lately - first time ever seeing them in the wild.

Learned today that one species of them is invasive. Will be interesting to see them again and try to identify which ones are around here.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I've seen a few swans lately - first time ever seeing them in the wild.

Learned today that one species of them is invasive. Will be interesting to see them again and try to identify which ones are around here.

Wow, up to 19kg, can you eat them?

We don't seem to have them as a pest here, there's a few geese and they scare the crap outta me.

zen flew slow loops
yet sky cared not
xenophobic cluster moths
wandered flitting aimlessly
vectors through air grown turgid
under leaden ashy ceiling
till alighting seemed
somewhat to be desired
revelation of mossy stones
quiet on damp earth
prepared by waiting still
open to what sky
neither sky, earth felt
movement coming deep below
lurking in tenuous balance
kinesis in check
just minutes or aeons
in its own course
heave or sink
grind, flow,
fracture, fault
ever this balance then
drop to next rest
cacophony stillness
below
above

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've had to block off my calendar from here on out, between 12:00-1:00pm.

Friggin' people keep trying to call and book stuff during lunch hour. :disgust1:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I am getting really tired of being hearing impaired. Any background noise at all will make it nearly impossible to hear. It’s gotten so bad that I have to stop chewing if someone is talking to me while I am trying to eat. Also I am told it will only get worse and hearing aids won’t help my condition. Yay.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
When Being Fired And/Or Quitting.

”This could be one of the most liberating moments of your talking life. Say whatever you fucking want. Use your whole body.”

Avy

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
When Being Fired And/Or Quitting.

”This could be one of the most liberating moments of your talking life. Say whatever you fucking want. Use your whole body.”

Avy
Two months later: "Oh hi Bob, how are things? Listen, I am sorry about the last time. I need a small favor - would you be my reference?"

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
On sites that ask a secret question/answer you can often get around filling them out by hitting back then going forward a page and it bypasses it.

Not sure why.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I've been trying to cleanup my personal email account over the last few weeks, mostly unsubscribing from all the junk news that I never read.

But its funny, on a good portion of the unsubscribe pages, they first ask if you want to subscribe to MOAR things. If you are trigger happy on clicking, you just end up getting more spam. Bait and switch tactics..

I've been trying to cleanup my personal email account over the last few weeks, mostly unsubscribing from all the junk news that I never read.

But its funny, on a good portion of the unsubscribe pages, they first ask if you want to subscribe to MOAR things. If you are trigger happy on clicking, you just end up getting more spam. Bait and switch tactics..
Been there, done that.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Toilets are called Johns, men who solicit prostitutes are called Johns, and unidentified dead men are called Johns. What does this world have against people named John?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Step 1 - donate to humanitarian organizations helping people and animals in Ukraine
Step 2 - get bombarded by extremely graphic images and videos of canadians clubbing baby seals on Facebook

I mean - What in The Unholy Fuck? :mad:
Also, dear canadians, what in the unholy fuck? :mad:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
If I put my phone in my left front pocket and my wallet in my back right pocket I wouldn't have to deal with phones trying to kill themselves when I get in to the car.
Nah, I'm too old for change, I'll just buy shorts with longer pockets.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Step 1 - donate to humanitarian organizations helping people and animals in Ukraine
Step 2 - get bombarded by extremely graphic images and videos of canadians clubbing baby seals on Facebook

I mean - What in The Unholy Fuck? :mad:
Also, dear canadians, what in the unholy fuck? :mad:
The problem is Facebook.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've had to block off my calendar from here on out, between 12:00-1:00pm.

Friggin' people keep trying to call and book stuff during lunch hour. :disgust1:
i have time on my calendar blocked off for dropping my daughter off at preschool, and I show as OOO. then i get emails from a PJM why i never accepted a meeting when its booked when i'm listed as OOO

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My dog can go from bouncing off the walls like a coked fiend to sound sleep and snoring withing 30 seconds. It is a super power and I get to pick up his shit.

Daniel Davidson:

Anything not used in the creation of profit is automatically suspected of being subversive.

Power is exercised at a rate relative to the capacity to distract attention.

Status details an array of targets, finding place in the play of crossed-out forms.

The expediency of violence moves against the periphery, a common state.

For the guilty visibility is an offense, the crime of occupying space.

Shunned, illness is its own reward, even more obvious in the luster of places that will soon become open.

A willingness to make others conform to social conditions you find offensive is the true power of the State in your life.

In the planned economy of the imagination, fear of the tasted forges a landscape.

The hunger of the poor is displaced by the hunger of the rich.

Speaking, authority rises to its feet marking the vulnerability of a reclining form.

The blank vacancy of eternal migrants translates something threatening into a virtual sense of relief.

When seeing someone lying unconscious on a city street, it is appropriate to continue walking, essentially unaffected.

Belief in the fairness of power is often a way to excuse wholesale slaughter.

Acceptable sexuality masks a behavioral strategy that integrates desire into a system of enforcement.

In our society, rape is a crime because it violates property rights.

Under some conditions the human body must be separated from the person who inhabits it.

Employment is a means of control, keeping you too preoccupied with survival to think about your position.

Unemployment is a means of control, keeping you too preoccupied with survival to think about your position.

Censorship, war and economic adversity are the prices Americans must pay for their freedom.

Accurate information about the specifics of US foreign policy is much too disturbing to be examined closely.

The military longs for a time when war will be the single greatest unifying force in society.

Unlike the present but much like the past, the future will be a place of harmony, prosperity and opportunity.

It is considered appropriate to sustain conditions which are against the best interests of almost everyone.

The incarceration of a large percentage of the population is seen as an effective way to insure the well-being of society.

To be natural, ideas must conform to a system of distribution that favors the interests of those in authority.