Quantcast

the random thought thread

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Ska music can get fucked!

It's like Tidal can sense that I am a cargo short wearing douche and suggests shitty Ska music because of it!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
My neighbours' cats love the taste of bird.

I see a lot less native birds since people got their Corona pets, I'd like to think that they left the area but the feathers and corpses say that's not the case.
One day we might get the cat laws that South Oz has.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Just get some coyotes
That might take care of some of the lazy E-Scooter kids too.

I haven't seen a single Marsh snake since the cats arrived and have only seen one Blue Tongue lizard but it ended up torn to shreds out the front of the neighbours' place.
I just need this guy-
EDIT, not the guy in the preview, the one where the vid starts, haha!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That might take care of some of the lazy E-Scooter kids too.

I haven't seen a single Marsh snake since the cats arrived and have only seen one Blue Tongue lizard but it ended up torn to shreds out the front of the neighbours' place.
I just need this guy-
Don't you have dingos? Perhaps they are a little too wild. Coyotes have adapted well to living in urban environments and maintain some biological balance.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Don't you have dingos? Perhaps they are a little too wild. Coyotes have adapted well to living in urban environments and maintain some biological balance.
Yeah but we let dogs roam free and breeders bred dogs with dingos so we don't have many purebred ones left.

Not sure there were any around my area, if there were they would have been a danger to white people and would have been shot.
All our pest deer over here were supposedly gifts from other nations, how we fucked this whole country in just over 200 years is pretty crazy. Animal rights people are starting to become quite the pain in the ass, soon it will just be introduced species because culling them is cruel.

Horses, pigs, buffalo, camels, we've got everything here.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Horses, pigs, buffalo, camels, we've got everything here.
I'll wince over just slaughtering animals but the ones you listed are tasty. Why not hunt and eat? They will have lived better lives than farmed animals. As for the cats, probably good for dog food.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I'll wince over just slaughtering animals but the ones you listed are tasty. Why not hunt and eat? They will have lived better lives than farmed animals. As for the cats, probably good for dog food.
Yeah it depends how easy the animals are to recover but horse and kangaroo meat does make its way in to dog food, wouldn't think cats would, there might be a disease risk(not sure....) and pet food has to be made to a standard that makes it safe for human consumption.
Quite a bit of the culling is done from a chopper, problem is if you don't take the corpses the other feral animals have an easy food source.

And this is supposedly the damage cats do yearly-
1653195329265.png

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah it depends how easy the animals are to recover but horse and kangaroo meat does make its way in to dog food, wouldn't think cats would, there might be a disease risk(not sure....) and pet food has to be made to a standard that makes it safe for human consumption.
Quite a bit of the culling is done from a chopper, problem is if you don't take the corpses the other feral animals have an easy food source.

And this is supposedly the damage cats do yearly-
View attachment 176728

If I left my dog to run free I am pretty sure he would exterminate all the UPS, Fedex and postal workers in the region.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
If I left my dog to run free I am pretty sure he would exterminate all the UPS, Fedex and postal workers in the region.
As a kid I found a stray dog and kept it, God damn he was a protective bastard, for a while the newspaper didn't get delivered to our street and my parents had to sign up to an electricity provider they didn't want to because they felt guilty after the dog chased the sales dude.
Not really sure what happened to the dog before I got it but it would hide behind me if I stopped to talk to someone when out walking, if someone knocked on the front door he would go nuts!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As a kid I found a stray dog and kept it, God damn he was a protective bastard, for a while the newspaper didn't get delivered to our street and my parents had to sign up to an electricity provider they didn't want to because they felt guilty after the dog chased the sales dude.
Not really sure what happened to the dog before I got it but it would hide behind me if I stopped to talk to someone when out walking, if someone knocked on the front door he would go nuts!

Yeah my dog is actually super friendly but is obsessed with delivery men but means no harm. There was one night when I was walking him and came across some dude trying to break into the corner pub. Dog flipped a switch and went ballistic on the guy. Scared him off, kind of scared me too.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Brioche buns can get fucked, they should have gone the way of the charcoal bun and thickshakes in jam jars.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
So, I do not drink and drive. Ever. I have a long-standing resolution to not do that. And yet I will drive stoned. Like its nothing.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Few things are more satisfying than sending a 10p nail home with a proper hammer.
Not stripping the head off the screw so you can correct your mistake easier. The easy out is only an option if you have one. Waiting until the morning until Home Depot or Lowes opens leaves you open to ridicule.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
If my dad had my name tattooed on his arm I would find that terribly embarrassing.

If he got dementia I guess it would be OK.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
something clicked in my addled brain. Wife is watching Monk, he has jury duty. I watched about two minutes and said this is an adaptation of 12 angry men. She said no way. I googled it. the screen writer got his inspiration from, you guessed it, 12 angry men. I haven't seen that flick since I was a kid. yet I can't remember the name of someone I was introduced to 5 minutes ago

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
something clicked in my addled brain. Wife is watching Monk, he has jury duty. I watched about two minutes and said this is an adaptation of 12 angry men. She said no way. I googled it. the screen writer got his inspiration from, you guessed it, 12 angry men. I haven't seen that flick since I was a kid. yet I can't remember the name of someone I was introduced to 5 minutes ago
That's a classic film.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
With the amount of plastic and Styrofoam paclaging that surrounds almost everything we buy these days, it's no wonder that there's a gigantic trash patch in the ocean. It's ridiculous.

Item in a bag inside plastic inside a box which is inside another box. Wtf.