Quantcast

the random thought thread

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Don't think I was too far of losing my right thumb today.
Thumb just started to get squashed between two hydraulically actuated plates, my socket shot off the bolt and the ratchet dropped to the ground. I'm not sure how my thumb came out, must have been to try to catch the ratchet as I am usually a freeze and watch bad shit happen kinda guy.
I'm used to working with someone that will take notice of what you are doing before pulling a lever, lesson learnt.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Thumb just started to get squashed between two hydraulically actuated plates, my socket shot off the bolt and the ratchet dropped to the ground. I'm not sure how my thumb came out, must have been to try to catch the ratchet as I am usually a freeze and watch bad shit happen kinda guy.
I'm used to working with someone that will take notice of what you are doing before pulling a lever, lesson learnt.
Holy shit, that's scary AF!!! How are you now?

Glad you're OK. I have had a couple of experiences in which, say, a coworker tried to push me through a roof with a forklift.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Holy shit, that's scary AF!!! How are you now?
I'm fine, thumb is knows it was slightly flattened but it will be back to its usual shitty self by tomorrow.
No harm done, just a learning experience.

Glad you're OK. I have had a couple of experiences in which, say, a coworker tried to push me through a roof with a forklift.
Wow, that would be a pretty bad situation, a slow, horrible situation.

So far I've only got a couple of stitches in my knee and that was my own doing, well sort of, shit product design saw the corner of a cover plate come up and in to my knee when I put weight on it. I had a scar there from a bike crash anyway so it's a non issue.
I'm not a very careful person so I've done pretty well.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It's 22 years old, but I still don't think there's ever been a better tv miniseries than Band of Brothers.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Louis Hamilton's team goes to great lengths to make his car as light as possible, he repays them by having long platted douchey hair that a team member has to help him tuck in to his suit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Louis Hamilton's team goes to great lengths to make his car as light as possible, he repays them by having long platted douchey hair that a team member has to help him tuck in to his suit.

It is like roadies removing balls from their bearings to save weight but wear gold chains

Glenn J

Chimp
Apr 3, 2023
I enjoy to make arguments so i got a good one i just got into the other day about 26 v 29. whats yalls oppenion on whats the supperior one? i think 29 is the best

Glenn J

Chimp
Apr 3, 2023
It's 22 years old, but I still don't think there's ever been a better tv miniseries than Band of Brothers.
band of brothers was probibly the first war show/ movie I watched and iv not seen it about 3 times.It is my all time favrot wa movie/ show and is probibly the reasion i want to go into airborne

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
witch is what size?
26" is clearly the witchest one. It has a 6 in it :rockout:.

Jokes aside, I still remember how awkward 29er were 10 years ago. They felt like somebody strapped wheels to a bed frame, or sawed a stagecoach in half. I ditched 26ers for long travel bikes when I felt I was undergunned for some trails, but 29ers were still clydesdale-comfy vehicles IMHO, so 27.5 made sense.

I'm now debating jumping to 29" because I feel they gained enough maneuverability to be fun to ride in anything else besides striaght lines, and also The Industry™ wants them to be mainline, and 27.5s are in decline. As always, if you want the latest and greatest you're going to pay a ton of money. If you want current standards, it'll be easier to source, and if you want day-old bread, you'll have a hard time finding it, and it'll be less economic.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Yup, probably get chased by a Cassowary in to that stuff, QLD is not a state I want to live in.

this stinging bush delivers one of nature’s most painful experiences. In fact, this native to the Australian rainforest has a sting that’s so intense, it’s driven soldiers to suicide ⏤ and the British government once considered using it as a biological weapon of war.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
IMG_20230407_123415_578.jpg

On my way to be self-sustainable, at least on the jalapeno department :D . This is the second batch of seeds I'm growing, from that original single pepper I bought three months ago. I have 4 plants growing in the backyard (darn pigeons butchered the little plants I had in my seedling so I only managed to salvage those four little plants).

Anyway, since Winter is coming, I'll grow these inside.

"in 1854, the Vermont senate issued a report that questioned the right of any state to allow any group to enslave another human, which in turn led the Georgia General Assembly to pass a resolution authorizing the towing of Vermont out to sea"

from Yvonne Daley's book about hippies in Vermont

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
"in 1854, the Vermont senate issued a report that questioned the right of any state to allow any group to enslave another human, which in turn led the Georgia General Assembly to pass a resolution authorizing the towing of Vermont out to sea"

from Yvonne Daley's book about hippies in Vermont
A large percentage of Georgia's representatives probably still think that's feasible.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The updated webpage version of the Garmin Connect Course creation/viewing page they released today is terrible. Whoever is their UX person needs to be unemployed.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
There are a bunch of abandoned houses in the area that are falling down. I wish to know their stories. How did this state of disrepair come to be?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
There's a couple of football fields near me, then 100ft from them there is a mown parking overflow area almost as big as a football field.
For some reason, moronic dog owners run their dogs on the prepared fields instead of the parking overflow.
I'm sure people playing a contact sport on weekends enjoy sliding face first through bits of smooshed in shit that dog owners were unable to pick up.
Arrrgh, use your fucking brains!