sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
TSA: “If you weren’t wearing a belt, we wouldnt have to pat down your groin”

Also TSA when I’m not wearing a belt: “We need to pat down your groin”

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It struck me the other day that I've been working with my boss for 3 years and I know almost nothing about them.
I've had plenty of bosses that I've never even met. I've had my current one for a year, still haven't met him and about the only thing I know about him is the state he lives in (maybe?).

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I thought I'd watch Raiders of the Lost Arc for the first time in 20+yrs.
Fuck I'm old, my brain went- He's just a white guy stealing shit and turned it off.
I tried to watch Back to the Future for the first time but the music was annoying so I gave up.

Should give up on TV and learn some stuff at night.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I thought I'd watch Raiders of the Lost Arc for the first time in 20+yrs.
Fuck I'm old, my brain went- He's just a white guy stealing shit and turned it off.
I tried to watch Back to the Future for the first time but the music was annoying so I gave up.

Should give up on TV and learn some stuff at night.
We did an Indiana Jones marathon with my kid before going to the premiere of the last movie, and after 30+ years I'm still hooked on the humor, the lack of CGI, and the naive atmosphere of those movies. And I have to say I loved the way they finished the saga.

As for Back to the Future, they're total classics in our house. One if those movies you'd watch if you find it on TV any day of the week.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
We did an Indiana Jones marathon with my kid before going to the premiere of the last movie, and after 30+ years I'm still hooked on the humor, the lack of CGI, and the naive atmosphere of those movies. And I have to say I loved the way they finished the saga.

As for Back to the Future, they're total classics in our house. One if those movies you'd watch if you find it on TV any day of the week.
My parents had a video store for years, so I grew up watching multiple preview tapes a week, coz we had one TV.
There were so many classics that I didn't watch because we knew they'd do well and didn't need to watch them.
Ended up enjoying the really oddball movies because you get so sick of the usual cheesy Hollywood crap.

I see why BTTF is so popular but it's not for me, same with Star Wars.
Donnie Darko, Leaving Las Vegas, Boondock Saints, Three Billboards, Full Metal Jacket, 2001, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, 11:14 is my sorta stuff.

EDIT- I'll have to see if I can find the old DOS based software my old man wrote for the shop, it was pretty cool. I think we had around 10000 members, 5000 videos and a full back up fit on ~12 floppy drives.
If a customer returned something that was booked for someone else you'd get an audible and written warning, there was a full help menu with all shortcuts listed, it stayed running DOS until the death in maybe 06. Freak of a man would have a productive programming dream, wake up, throw a bit of code at the computer then go back to sleep.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
So long as I remember, I have been afflicted by a curse. Whenever I go out of my way to do something nice for someone, it only works out ~5% of the time.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Someone I hate asked me tonight "How come if I ring your phone it just goes to the engaged sound?“
Coz you blocked mafugger, hahaha!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It's like having a tire pump with a 180 psi gauge and try to tune the pressure between 23 and 25 o_O.
I don't use the gauges on my pumps anymore, I have three different meiser gauges I use, depending on which bike I'm working on - fat, mtb, road - 15/60/100 psi max (I'd swap the 60 for a 40 if they made one).

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It's no secret I eat a lot of mexican food. A handful of times in the last 2 years I've received food that smells/tastes like laundry detergent. Different kitchens every time. Once or twice was the beans, sometimes it has been the meat. Tonight it was the tostada shells. Makes me want to throw up just thinking about it.

Has anyone else had take out that smelled/tasted like laundry detergent?

When I go on rides, especially neighborhood Sunday duskers, alot of times the stench of laundry soap is so strong it feels like my heads in the machine as I ride by. Maybe people are so desensitized they can't detect the presence of the detergent in the food their preparing????

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's no secret I eat a lot of mexican food. A handful of times in the last 2 years I've received food that smells/tastes like laundry detergent. Different kitchens every time. Once or twice was the beans, sometimes it has been the meat. Tonight it was the tostada shells. Makes me want to throw up just thinking about it.

When I go on rides, especially neighborhood Sunday duskers, alot of times the stench of laundry soap is so strong it feels like my heads in the machine as I ride by. Maybe people are so desensitized they can't detect the presence of the detergent in the food their preparing????
yes

the only time I've ever eaten "food" from a chipotle

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Yeah its probably dishes that arent rinsed. They have these things called scent boosters now. They don't wash and no stain removal - just extra smell to enhance the experience of being alive with clothes on. I bet that stuff clings to everything.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

For some people cilantro tastes like soap. If you chew on the stuff does it taste like soap or citrus?

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
For some people cilantro tastes like soap. If you chew on the stuff does it taste like soap or citrus?
This. In fact, me and my wife can't stand cilantro, and her family being from Tucumán (an Argentinian northern province) they use it a lot. It smells/tastes like detergent, especially when it's not well cooked. And depending on who's cooking, some people likes to add it to the preparation sooner or later. The later it gets added, the stronger the smell.