Quantcast

the random thought thread

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Poor diet and a job that sees loads of floating stuff looking for holes to fill saw me with a blocked ear.
My brain went "What will be the quickest way to remove a wax plug? A self tapping screw!!!!"

It worked, hahaha!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
This. In fact, me and my wife can't stand cilantro, and her family being from Tucumán (an Argentinian northern province) they use it a lot. It smells/tastes like detergent, especially when it's not well cooked. And depending on who's cooking, some people likes to add it to the preparation sooner or later. The later it gets added, the stronger the smell.
It's horrible stuff, I ruined a dish with it a couple of months back.
I always forget what the Australian name is for it so I never have any in the pantry.
I threw the bottle out after one use, I don't understand how people can like the flavour.

For me avodado tastes like soap, red wine and tomatoes make my mouth feel like it has a 9V battery in it. Being a fussy eater is really annoying.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's horrible stuff, I ruined a dish with it a couple of months back.
I always forget what the Australian name is for it so I never have any in the pantry.
I threw the bottle out after one use, I don't understand how people can like the flavour.

For me avodado tastes like soap, red wine and tomatoes make my mouth feel like it has a 9V battery in it. Being a fussy eater is really annoying.

I assume you are talking about a seed?

We 'mericans call the leaf of the plant cilantro which tastes very different from the dried seed which we call coriander.

Not a fan of coriander seeds but I do like the herb in certain foods.

1693698852727.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i just had an idea for a smartphone app..... similar to something like "find my iphone", but when your phone gets stolen, you can remotely activate the app, and it starts playing hardcore pr0n at full volume with no way to turn it off.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i just had an idea for a smartphone app..... similar to something like "find my iphone", but when your phone gets stolen, you can remotely activate the app, and it starts playing hardcore pr0n at full volume with no way to turn it off.
Why not a remote IED?

At least short the battery.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
“I don’t sell cars; I sell engines. The cars I throw in for free since something has to hold the engines in.” Enzo Ferrari

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I need to be less of a dick if somebody asks if I want a job.
For some reason I just blurt out "Noooo!!!" pretty loudly without thinking.
Did it in a tool shop today and the dude looked at me like he was confused and offended at the same time.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Two of my friends are celebrating 39 years together today. They have only been married for a few of those but not by choice. The bible thumping family values, multiple divorces political party can't handle anything besides unhappy marriages that they will force upon people.

It really chaps them when its a mixed race male couple. Have a good one guys

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Somehow I managed to survive a 3800 mile cross country return roadtrip with camping and plenty of gravel road and our vehicle did not have:
  • BFG K02's
  • a roof rack
  • a ladder
  • maxtrax
  • rotopax
  • a shovel and axe bolted to the outside
  • a roof top tent
  • a steel front or rear bumper
  • a winch

Frankly I think my wife and I are lucky to have survived such a journey so ill-prepared.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Somehow I managed to survive a 3800 mile cross country return roadtrip with camping and plenty of gravel road and our vehicle did not have:
  • BFG K02's
  • a roof rack
  • a ladder
  • maxtrax
  • rotopax
  • a shovel and axe bolted to the outside
  • a roof top tent
  • a steel front or rear bumper
  • a winch
  • a dry tent

Frankly I think my wife and I are lucky to have survived such a journey so ill-prepared.
FTFY

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
The Band Incubus look to be be pretty talented but I'll be fucked if I can listen to their wishy washy music.

I like to go back to stuff I didn't like when I was younger to see if I can tolerate it now.
I fuckin' hated PJ Harvey when I was young but I don't mind her now, I used to think Disturbed were okay, I hate myself for that.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Paint be like:

Guaranteed one coat coverage!*

*when used over 5 coats of high-hide primer tinted to the same color applied over previous paint that was the same color with dim enough light that you'd never be able to tell anyway

Waiting adrift float veer observe let be Climbing stumble slither grasp slide Amble veer change jog retread Nibble chew gnaw gum masticate Aver state propose solicit evoke Gallop jog trot run ambulate Revere admire idealize misstate idealize Allocate steal monopolize grasp stash Multiply procreate increase manufacture replicate Gyre reel swoop leap fall End finish escape evade finalize

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Waiting adrift float veer observe let be Climbing stumble slither grasp slide Amble veer change jog retread Nibble chew gnaw gum masticate Aver state propose solicit evoke Gallop jog trot run ambulate Revere admire idealize misstate idealize Allocate steal monopolize grasp stash Multiply procreate increase manufacture replicate Gyre reel swoop leap fall End finish escape evade finalize
Ah, I see you found all the humphs.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Had a look online for a new job, trying to replace a job that is 5mins from home, lets me wear shorts and short sleeve shirts is quite tricky.
Hopefully there will be a meeting Monday morning about swearing and ragging on the company in my timesheet entries, haha!

I think I need a CPAP machine, my sleep is fucked.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I rode anyways. It was almost perfect. Except for the dog shit. Perfect dirt. Perfect weather. No bugs. I even complain when I am riding alone. I am captive to myself. Thats some fucked up shit.. Still cannot ride a wheelie. Climbed the hill and hit the Burm 4 times before I gave up. Spot of the last confirmed wheelie by the way. Grey Goose Martinis make me nasty. So Fuck you...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Australian Automotive cable sizing should die a quick death, picking cable based on the OD of the insulator is dumb.
Trying to buy lugs from somebody that has only worked in the auto industry is torture, lugs are marked with the cross section and bolt hole size and cable often doesn't list a conductor size, it's so stupid.

I gave up at the auto store and rang the wholesaler who replied with "What do you mean by cross-section?! Fuuuuuuckkkkkk!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
oh shit what have I done? I love eating Habanero Peppers, and having Ghost Pepper salsa. I grew both peppers this year, they hybridized. I have Frankenpeppers. I took small nibble of one of my fresh picked Habaneros peppers. Napalm just got lit off in my mouth. The heat was so intense I spit it out, that never happens with Habaneros. Thankfully I didn't swallow or my throat would have been burned. Mouth and tongue on fire, nose running eyes watering. It took 5-6 spoonful's of ice cream to dampen the burn.
I have over 200 peppers on 6 plants