Quantcast

the random thought thread

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
As part of my job, I sometimes have to general customer support IT stuff.

After all these years, it still amazes me how about 90% of problems are solved by simply reading what's on the screen. Or being able to follow instructions.

People say I have magic powers, that they attribute to things "just starting to work" when I walk up to their desk. I appreciate the accolades, but no, I can just follow instructions and simple logical steps better than you.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
"Being Frank" Must have a different meaning in the US, is it another term for "Waffle On"?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As part of my job, I sometimes have to general customer support IT stuff.

After all these years, it still amazes me how about 90% of problems are solved by simply reading what's on the screen. Or being able to follow instructions.

People say I have magic powers, that they attribute to things "just starting to work" when I walk up to their desk. I appreciate the accolades, but no, I can just follow instructions and simple logical steps better than you.
I used to code the solution to a lot of support cases as RTFM.

Read The Fucking Manual.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Watching a show called 'Mirror Mirror' there's a trans woman getting her face peeled back and the skull and lower jaw hit with a Dremel, is pretty freakin' crazy.
It's quite a sad watch, a friend of mine was a GP and got a beauty qual, she left the industry because she said the people having the work done needed to see a psychiatrist or a psychologist and not her.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Watching a show called 'Mirror Mirror' there's a trans woman getting her face peeled back and the skull and lower jaw hit with a Dremel, is pretty freakin' crazy.
It's quite a sad watch, a friend of mine was a GP and got a beauty qual, she left the industry because she said the people having the work done needed to see a psychiatrist or a psychologist and not her.
Aesthetic surgeons are vultures. As soon as they see someone is insecure about their looks, they will suggest a number of interventions to align with their own beauty standard. One of my cousins works as a surgical instrumentist, and one of the surgeons she worked with talked her into fixing her nose. Then he talked her into modifying her chin, her cheekbones, lips, boobs...

As you say, most of these people's issues would be fixed at a much lower cost (and suffering!) if they'd started by seeking mental health help instead of heading for the bucher's table.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
A homeless tweaker popped out of the woods next to the lots in town when I was falling trees and excavating today. He walked right up and asked if I could help him invest his crypto into my holdings and ventures.

I asked what he's got, he pulled out a crown royal bag full of these.

1726107448382.png

In his mind, he thinks he is holding several million in Bitcoin and being safe physically holding them instead of them being in "the stock market" For those that don't know these are plastic tokens that you can buy off Amazon

I told him that he should go to the bank and ask them to set up an appointment for a brokerage advisor account and use his bitcoins to fund the account.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Trying to research some info on a trail area and I came across this person, who writes about shortcutting the trail and just blasting through. What a donkey.

1726598889800.png

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I agreed to go on a local history walk.
Lasted 20mins of a two and a half hour walk.
It would have been such a nice area before Captain Cook and the rape brigade rocked up and fucked everything.

Now sitting in a Chinese leased coal/chemical/grain port watching the country slowly getting exported.

Yay white people!