Quantcast

the random thought thread

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The thing I have come to learn is that when you see them crash during a Race on TV, after everything is said and done the driver usually just walks away. Race cars are built that way. Even though my car is pretty fast, it is not built to crash, and neither are the other cars on the road. The thing is seldom do the other drivers realize that you are racing them. So even though you can pass them and do some crazy chit to get back into lane. If you miss the curve or a car pulls out in front of you and you smack into them, not only are you going to hurt, but the folks you violently smack into at 70 are going to get hurt also. If that person doesn't have car insurance, odds are you can't sue them. Because of this I have become much more careful when I drive/race around....

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Lately I have seen a bunch of kids in my neighborhood WALKING down the street/sidewalk with skateboards. Are kids now a days seriously that lazy?!? When I was a kid we used skateboards for both tricks AND for transportation.

We didn't just carry skateboards around to look cool... we had short shorts, neon t-shirts, and tall white socks to make us look cool.

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
Lately I have seen a bunch of kids in my neighborhood WALKING down the street/sidewalk with skateboards. Are kids now a days seriously that lazy?!? When I was a kid we used skateboards for both tricks AND for transportation.

We didn't just carry skateboards around to look cool... we had short shorts, neon t-shirts, and tall white socks to make us look cool.
****ing poseurs. i see plenty of that sort around where i live.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
Why do I often get friend requests from people I don't know on Facebook? Do I seem cool or something? Take it from me, I'm not that cool people.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
The more Jesus stickers you have on the back of your car the more they slow you down.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I love morons like this

The California Highway Patrol alleges that a Hayward woman just wouldn't slow down after twice being stopped for going over 100 mph.

Officers stopped Lynne Kathleen Cahill-Gomez three times Saturday night on Highway 70 in Sutter and Yuba counties. She was clocked on radar going 103 mph, 105 mph and finally 76 mph in a 55 mph-zone, officers said.

The three traffic stops all occurred within an hour starting at 8:10 p.m. at northbound Highway 70 near Kempton Road.

The first two times Cahill-Gomez was issued citations and sent on her way in her Hyundai sport utility vehicle. The third time, due to her disregard of public safety, the officer determined she was subject to arrest for reckless driving.

After what the CHP said was a brief struggle, Cahill-Gomez, 53, was arrested and booked into Yuba County Jail, according to a CHP news release.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
With the US mens soccer team's tie against El Salvador last night they don't qualify for the 2012 Summer Olympic Games. WTF!!!

Yes, I care about soccer. Or as some people call it "human foosball".

Last edited:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It's scary to hear things like "Conservative Supreme Court's Justices" or any political leaning judges....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Found a pair of Shure SE115m Headphones in a box of DMX cables. They aren't the really super good ones, but still they aren't cheap.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Can you spare just $2? Ranji is a 9yr old boy living in Namibia. He has only 1 leg, 1 arm and 1 eye. Each day he has to ride 7 miles to school along a narrow road on a rusty bike with bent wheels, no brakes and only 1 pedal on the side of his bike opposite his 1 leg. If you send us just $2, we will send you the video - its fvcking hilarious. I do have a paypal account.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
Can you spare just $2? Ranji is a 9yr old boy living in Namibia. He has only 1 leg, 1 arm and 1 eye. Each day he has to ride 7 miles to school along a narrow road on a rusty bike with bent wheels, no brakes and only 1 pedal on the side of his bike opposite his 1 leg. If you send us just $2, we will send you the video - its fvcking hilarious. I do have a paypal account.
:rofl: Is it horrible that I would really pay to see that video? :rofl:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
Every year as soon as it starts to warm up outside the damn air conditioning kicks on at work. It's not even 45 degrees outside and I swear the AC is on right now. WTF!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Just had a chat about government conspiracies dealing with Parking with a TSA agent. Awesome. Had a nice chuckle :)

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
the mob is obliviously stupid. trying to argue with the mob is therefore pointless.

i think i'll need a nuke to make my arguments more substantial.