Quantcast

the random thought thread

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Actually....I think I can say with pride, that I have not......no wait....no....that was a Denny's. So nope.
Well they have Chocolate syrup right on the table. I'm pretty sure it is just Hersheys. They also have Bacon that can't be confused with Ham. So when you order Bacon you actually get Bacon as compared to in Canada where you get something else.

Last edited:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
We've been over this. "Canadian Bacon" only exists in the States. We call it ham.

And I don't think we have any restaurants that have chocolate syrup as a condiment. (excluding ice cream parlours).

you country of fat farks.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I'll bet you 10 bags of Hostess Bacon Chips and a dozen Fairmount Bagels that I can go into a Loblaws and buy a pound of Schneider's Canadian Bacon in Canada. Parlours are where you sit quit on the Davenport... Yeah the Suburbs of Montreal are full of Skinny people... No Fat people coughing into the Buffet Bar at Swiss Chalet.....

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I will be moving shortly. This place has stopped being useful. Western NY is an awful place, with awful weather, and awful people.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
glitter makes me freak out, a girl at a phish show poured glitter on me I had a panic attack. getting too know yourself.

I'm thinking about selling my bicycle and buying a kayak though what happens after dropping it in the water, how to get back up stream?

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
If I want a pair of shoes made with leather in the USA expect about $300 in expense if they are genuine USA made boat shoes. I frequently wonder about sweatshops and those there upon their will stitching shoes shirts hats and pants in somebodies garage. If pushed ethics are gone you are clearly buying made in USA products, cheaper then their counterparts. If the materials are domestically sourced why is it wrong assuming your products quality is of higher standard even though it supports faulty advertising?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
We have to carve our own path, and decision making time and potentially life changing events are right around the corner for me. I have butterflies in my belly. It's half exciting because the potential is there for a really good progression in career, and also nerve wracking because the potential is there for not having a job... Well, as the wise man said, "We shall see."

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Bought Canadian Bacon in Canada today... Shrimp chips in the Asian market, Bagels with herring and onions in cream sauce... Swedish food carts?? Who knew $3 went so far. Ramen carts are awesome. Miso and Eel with poached whiting.... Rhubarb, Silver Queen Corn, and wild leek salad with goat cheese and capers of some sort. Wild Blueberries, Blackberries, and heaven help us Boysenberries.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Costco rocks. I broke the frame on my prescription glasses that I bought there. It entirely my fault so I went in to buy new frames. The clerk said no charge, its a Costco frame we guarantee them for a year with one free frame replacement and with that they popped my lenses into the new frame cleaned the lens, fitted the frame to my face and said see you later.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I worked on the sliced bread edition of an idea once upon a time. A female worker in the group and I shared an email, months after I used that email trying to get a date on craigslist. When she asked me I denied it, should have said yes and done what from there.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
old memory just popped into my head: Circa 1976-77 Camped in Yosemite valley in a tent in winter, it's snowing and maybe 20*. 1am some jackass in a Motorhome fires up his generator waking the whole campground. Still intoxicated and stoned I went up and yelled turn that damn thing off quiet hour started at 10pm. He yelled back F U we are cold in here. I relayed that to the now awake residents of upper pines campground and added hey lets flip the damn thing over. Twenty of us had that thing rocking and the wheels were statring to lift with each rock, then the generator stopped so we stopped. A large cheer went up from the tents. Five minutes later the Motorhome started up and drove off into the darkness....Victory