Quantcast

the random thought thread

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I was watching a rerun of 30 Rock the other day. Liz's dad was in the scene. His name is Dick.

They were out to dinner and Dick was insisting on picking up the cheque.

He said "It's not a Lemon party without old Dick!"

I hadn't seen that one. I laughed.

I mis-quoted slightly

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I was watching a rerun of 30 Rock the other day. Liz's dad was in the scene. His name is Dick.

They were out to dinner and Dick was insisting on picking up the cheque.

He said "It's not a Lemon party without old Dick!"

I hadn't seen that one. I laughed.

I mis-quoted slightly

I can get you some Hash. It might help.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
so the dealer wanted to charge me to put nitrogen in my tires, which i immediately refused.

the air is already 78% N, so wtf benefit is that extra 22%?

the biggest scams:
- mid-grade fuel
- portfolio commissions
- N-infused tires

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
the biggest scams:
- mid-grade fuel
- portfolio commissions
- N-infused tires
Particularly in turbocharged drivetrains, mid-grade and premium fuel will give you more power as the engine timing will adjust in modern cars. If tuned for it, race fuel is even better.

If your car is designed for 87 then yes, its a scam...

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
earned my pay today

It's been a while since I worked a good trauma, got my hands dirty for the first time since retiring from Fire in Dec. Doing the EMT thing at a horse show and some boarders at the large facility were having a wee overindulgence in adult beverages and were driving about in a golf cart. 6 people in all, three standing on the back end holding on to the roof, driver went around a turn and two standees fell off and cracked their heads on the concrete. Lets just say vitals on one were not good with decaying mental acuity, number two had no recollection of the incident and was combative. both boarded and transported to trauma with large cerebral hematomas, it took 20 minutes for the first Paramedic unit to reach this remote location.

Felt good to be on the edge of having too much to cope with, yet being able to effectively triage and treat anyways

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
earned my pay today

It's been a while since I worked a good trauma, got my hands dirty for the first time since retiring from Fire in Dec. Doing the EMT thing at a horse show and some boarders at the large facility were having a wee overindulgence in adult beverages and were driving about in a golf cart. 6 people in all, three standing on the back end holding on to the roof, driver went around a turn and two standees fell off and cracked their heads on the concrete. Lets just say vitals on one were not good with decaying mental acuity, number two had no recollection of the incident and was combative. both boarded and transported to trauma with large cerebral hematomas, it took 20 minutes for the first Paramedic unit to reach this remote location.

Felt good to be on the edge of having too much to cope with, yet being able to effectively triage and treat anyways
Asking if they "feel stupid yet" counts as triage, right?

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Earlier today I was eating lunch outside at work and a bee landed on half of my sandwich. So I smashed the bee with my cup of yogurt. Lost half my sandwich but the bee is no more. It was pretty badass.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My Dad has Alzheimer's. I sometimes pretend like I can't remember who he is. At first he seems frustrated, then he comes around. Lately He thinks I am stealing his mail. Getting Mad at this just feeds his illness, so I patiently let it slide. Getting Old isn't for sissies. God gives you $100 to live your life. If you spend it by the time your 40 then your phugged...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
why use a tent? that's what my friend said the other night as it was warm so he laid his bag out on a thermarest on a tarp and sacked out. At two am he was startled awake by a kangaroo rat biting his nose. He started his rabies shot series today. Mesh top tents with detachable rainflys, don't leave home without them

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sometimes I wonder if that bimbo in the VW didn't in fact kill me. Maybe instead of surviving, I drown in my own blood in the middle of the intersection, or in the back of the meat wagon while in transit. Now that I've slipped this mortal coil, I'm trapped in a spiraling, Kafkaesque hell, picking up the pieces of others stupidity, and laziness. Destined for all eternity to be constantly falling behind under the sheer weight of the incompetence of those around me for some unknown sin in my mortal life.

Jesus, some days. :mad:

Last edited:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
about sport bike riders, you ride around on your race inspired tuned motorcycle. Last I remember about race tuned suspension is it is very sensitive with rider weights. When these ninja bikes have suspension adjusted for the rider won't it become unsafe with passenger? Do these people with passengers tear down their suspension swapping shocks before throwing their friend behind?

Last edited: