Quantcast

the random thought thread

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Stethoscopes are like phugging magic! How do they work? Sea Shells. How do they eliminate all ambient noise when you place them over your ear? I'll help you out here... Phugging Magic.....

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Dear guy who invented the glass ketchup bottle,

You worked on Project Dick-hole for the men's briefs department, didn't you? I hope someone puts your arthritis medicine in a childproof safety prescription bottle.

I hate you,

The Management

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
So they say it's a small world.

Way back in the day, I was pretty devoted to working on a dune buggy project at school, known as the SAE Mini Baja. There was one of the staff machinists that was particularly helpful. He was really into it and without his help we never would have gotten anywhere. His name was Jurg (George). Just an overall great guy. I hadn't seen him since I graduated in 1994.

So why do I bring this up? As some of you are aware, I moved into a new house a few months ago. I being the oh-so-very social guy that I am, only just discovered this morning, that Jurg, is my freaking next door neighbour.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
So Jurg is probably hating life right now is what you're saying. I mean, what are the odds, you get ride of MMike and then he moves next to you.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rainbows swim at the top on sunny days. Perch and Walleye too just a meter or to deeper. Nets are almost unfair.... 22meters drift = 19 Brownies. Water temp 62F

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
A Guy was giving away slices of Watermelon on Monroe Ave tonight. It was really good watermelon. He gave me another slice for a dollar.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
In 2006 I made $122K. In 2012 I only made $28K. I saved half that the year before. I was planning to retire next year. Now I have to wait until 2016. My Local 118 pension better be there when I need it..... They phugged me on my healthcare....

I worked really hard all my life. I really was hoping to not have to worry about crap like this at this stage of my life. Next week I will be at zero debt for what that's worth. I am really worried about my 401K.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
While out night riding last night with a friend, the trail suddenly turned very wet and muddy. Being that there had not been any significant rainfall in the past few days, I thought this was kind of odd. I kept climbing a bit more, not sure about this long mud puddle. As it turns out, I was riding up a creek bed and had missed my turn.

Derp

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
only 51 more weeks until my birthday
I went to the Consulate to get a new passport today. You may miss my Birthday though. My cousins told me that the young seals are still upstream, easy pickings when the river freezes. That and the brownies are off the hook. My cousin got a 10lb catfish in the canal.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Cafe Racers are the new fixies, fat wankers trying to look like The Fonz isn't cool, the bikes are slow and uncomfortable and take some effort to make the more crap than when they left the factory. Buy an old Triumph or something and leave it the **** alone and just ride it!