Quantcast

the random thought thread

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
so, being someone who takes the bus into work, doesnt drive much (anymore atleast), and for some reason just absolutely hates stop lights (i try to drive on the freeway as much as possible).

ive thought a lot about it on the bus, and i think it would be bitchin if we had bridges instead of intersections with stop lights.

lotta work, but it would be some awesome.
that is all.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
http://www.winereviewonline.com/wine_lore.cfm
...One legend goes that in the 1950s, Gallo salesmen discovered that liquor stores in Oakland, California were catering to certain customer demands by attaching envelopes of lemon Kool-Aid to bottles of white wine. Supposedly Gallo borrowed the idea and created the citrus-flavored Thunderbird. Then, in 1969, Gallo put some real pop into Pop Wines with the release of Boone's Farm Apple.

Another version, supposedly a few years later, had United Vintners searching for a new wine product that would attract a younger legal-age drinker away from soft drinks. UV sales people were beating the hot asphalt of Los Angeles when they saw a group of young men playing basketball. To slake their growing thirsts, the hoopsters concocted "Shake 'em Up," a chilled mixture of fruit juice fortified with a little grain alcohol. The idea clicked, spawning Bali Hai and Annie Green Springs.

It wasn't long before other Pop Wines joined the already crowded market with such high octane (18-21% alcohol) flavored fizzy drinks as Richards Wild Irish Rose, Gypsy Rose, Night Train, Silver Satin and Hombre...
We used to start crazy nights off with these back in high school...

Only they tasted so bad the only way to drink them was all at once.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I am so tired of women.
GF: "I'm sick of you constantly saying X and Y to me and treat me like I'm stupid"
Me: "Like all the times you said X and Y to me?"
GF: "Well if you want to take it there that's fine"

same conversation:

Me: "Every time you say something mean to/about me, I laugh, because I know you're kidding, correct?"
GF: "Yes"
Me: "Ever think I'm kidding when I say those types of things to you?"
GF: "That's completely different though"

In the moment stuff like that is happening, its beyond frustrating. However, typing it in a post on RM 3 days later, the true hilarity really shines through.

EDIT - note to self, make sure GF doesn't know about RM.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friends live in a Rent Controlled Apartment in NYC. For family reasons they are going back to Lebanon. 2br 8th floor overlooking Union Sq on lower Broadway. It's mine if I want it. Parking = $585/month

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Why do random people want to talk to me everywhere I go? At first I thought I was just being my typical anti-social, introverted, engineer self and it was all just my perception, until my friends and girlfriend said people swarm to me like flies to poop. Leave me the fvck alone.