Quantcast

the random thought thread

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
If 4 out of 5 dentists recommend a specific tooth brush or toothpaste... and dentists make their money from fixing bad teeth.

Then why the hell should we listen to their recommendations?!?

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
ordered a squirrel pajama set for christmas and it winds up in a lawyers office in Iowa. The size is out of stock. Come on really horrible karma I have with those shipping companies treated me right. I should never have shipped things with insurance on it when those carriers can't handle it good enough. I was that once and throwing boxes with increased gravity was not something I did. I claimed that though.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
ordered a squirrel pajama set for christmas and it winds up in a lawyers office in Iowa. The size is out of stock. Come on really horrible karma I have with those shipping companies treated me right. I should never have shipped things with insurance on it when those carriers can't handle it good enough. I was that once and throwing boxes with increased gravity was not something I did. I claimed that though.
Am I this bad?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I was poor for so long that I cannot get used to having Money. Having control of my life has made all the difference. I am in control. I like that. Freedom is having no controls other then the ones you impose on yourself. Pay your bills, pay yourself, follow your pursuits, have fun, going skiing on a Tuesday.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Wil Shipley on Jon Carmack (via a creative professional on FB)

Wil Shipley said:
Because the smartest people in the world aren’t protective of their creations. They know they can always make more, and they know that life isn’t a zero-sum game.

Last edited:
as stated in a 1965 magazine story in the April edition of Cycle World, Clem read a of a Bonneville salt flats racer named Rollie Free who inspired him. Mr. Free it seems, in 1948 set a new world land speed record for unstreamlined-motorcycle, at 150.313mph while wearing only a bathing hat, Speedo swim trunks and borrowed tennis shoes.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Lol..

Here's the ad for Apple's newest product, the iPad Air, showing off its one selling point:
Yep, it's thinner than the old iPad -- thin enough to hide behind a pencil, in fact! And thank God for that, because the sheer thickness of the previous iPad models made me want to **** myself with rage.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have decided to take flying lessons. I get one free lesson. To decide if I am "up for it". She is going to regret saying that....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've always said, any jackass can go fast in a straight line.
some yahoo yelled at me in a parking lot the other day (after he followed me because my driving apparently upset him? can't remember why). he was angry and rambling some garbage then yelled "i drive a bmw!!" i looked him dead in the eye and said "no, you own a bmw. you couldn't drive that car the way it was designed for if your life depended on it" his face went blank, he rolled up his window and drove away :rofl:

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Just crazy on my ass lately. I need to slow it down. I'm tired. Going to Hamilton soon. Gotta be ready for that chit. The Hammer will kick your ass quickly.....

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
hey here is a novel way to show your stupidity and get yourself fired before xmas

major face palm

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/IAC-Has-Responded-To-Its-PR-Director-s-5083120.php
That was quick

IAC, which owns Match.com, About.com, Vimeo, OKCupid and the Daily Beast, issued a statement Friday in response to the outcry: “This is an outrageous, offensive comment that does not reflect the views and values of IAC. Unfortunately, the employee in question is unreachable on an international flight, but this is a very serious matter and we are taking appropriate action.”
Sacco’s Twitter account had been deleted by Saturday, and TODAY reported that her name had been removed from the company website. IAC did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Sacco’s employment status, TODAY reported.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
For $4700 I can buy a 1977 Airstream camper and a 2005 Toyota Tacoma 2wd pickup to pull it around with. To me the pick up is worth it as it only has 6600 miles on it, same as the camper. I just have to get to Flint MI to pick it up....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
For $4700 I can buy a 1977 Airstream camper and a 2005 Toyota Tacoma 2wd pickup to pull it around with. To me the pick up is worth it as it only has 6600 miles on it, same as the camper. I just have to get to Flint MI to pick it up....
Never make a offer, and then give up on that offer for less.