Quantcast

the random thought thread

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cool, time to buy a stripper coat then start doin' the windmill, you won't see him for a while coz he'll be batting himself into oblivion.
The cops picked him up because he has a warrant for Kidnapping in Isreal??

The cops have been here daily. I like that we have good protection here. Gives me piece of mind. Nice guys too...

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Useful work phrases
1. Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
2. The fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.
3. I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.
4. Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
5. I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't care.
6. I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.
7. What am I? Flypaper for freaks!?
8. I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
9. I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.
10. I will always cherish the initial misconceptions I had about you.
11. It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of Karma to burn off.
12. Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.
13. No, my powers can only be used for good.
14. How about never? Is never good for you?
15. I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me.
16. You sound reasonable. Time to up my medication.
17. I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.
18. I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message .
19. I don't work here. I'm a consultant.
20. Who me? I just wander from room to room.
21. My toys! My toys! I can't do this job without my toys!
22. It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.
23. At least I have a positive attitude about my destructive habits.
24. You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.
25. I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
26. Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously, and change the subject.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
So once the anti suicide nets go up on the Golden Gate Bridge, how many folks do you think will dive off into them for the rush just becase they can?
Is there a way to get yourself out? Or do you have to wait for someone to come and get you? I try to be self sufficient when I do crazy crap.....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Current fun seems to be both knees somewhat facked (they work, but hurt) after a few crashes at NEMBAfest. I go back to work, initially three days a week, starting July 7th - ugh.
Just busting your onions old dude.... I am certain of your ability to have fun. I am disappointed you couldn't seem to make the job thing go away. I am sure you will work it out.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If I had continued north on on Essex County route 7 to Elizabethtown, the 75 miles might have been 100; alternatively, I could have collapsed from exhaustion.
Riding flat pedals on the roadie is just insane! Buy some clips and maximize your efficiency and save your knees... Do it now!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Pfft, it is awesome, all my road Kms are done in DH shorts and 5.10s because anything else would be silly.

If you try to fit in with the roadies it's only a matter of minutes before one sneaks up behind and tries to sniff what you ate for breakfast. Not even Rolf Harris is as creepy as finding a roadie attached to your cornie, sicko fart sniffers!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pfft, it is awesome, all my road Kms are done in DH shorts and 5.10s because anything else would be silly.

If you try to fit in with the roadies it's only a matter of minutes before one sneaks up behind and tries to sniff what you ate for breakfast. Not even Rolf Harris is as creepy as finding a roadie attached to your cornie, sicko fart sniffers!
You seem like your secure with your manhood and all. Or just loudly called attention to your inner Fecal freakdom. Thou does protest rather loudly... Good job either way.....

Joseph Campbell, in Oriental Mythology, on pp 113-114, provides a list of sixty seven Sumerian virtues, citing Kramer, The Tablets of Sumer, pp 92-93.

1. Supreme lordship.
2. Godship.
3. The exalted and enduring crown.
4. The throne of kingship.
5. The exalted scepter.
6. The royal insignia.
7. The exalted shrine.
8. Shepherdship.
9. Kingship.
10. Lasting ladyship.
11. The priestly office known as “divine lady”.
12. The priestly office known as ishib.
13. The priestly office known as lumah.
14. The priestly office known as gutug.
15. Truth.
16. Descent into the nether world.
17. Ascent from the nether world.
18. The office of the eunuch known as kurgarru.
19. The office of the eunuch known as girbadara.
20. The office of the eunuch known as sagursag.
21. The battle standard.
22. The flood.
23. Weapons.
24. Sexual intercourse.
25. Prostitution.
26. Legal procedure.
27. Libel.
28. Art.
29. The cult chamber.
30. The role of the “hierodule of heaven”.
31. The musical instrument called gusilim.
32. Music.
33. Eldership.
34. Heroship.
35. Power.
36. Enmity.
37. Straightforwardness.
38. The destruction of cities.
39. Lamentation.
40. Rejoicing of the heart.
41. Falsehood.
42. The rebel land.
43. Goodness.
44. Justice.
45. The art of woodworking.
46. The art of metal working.
47. Scribeship.
48. The craft of the smith.
49. The craft of the leatherworker.
50. The craft of the builder.
51. The craft of the basket weaver.
52. Wisdom
53. Attention.
54. Holy purification.
55. Fear.
56. Terror.
57. Strife.
58. Peace.
59. Weariness.
60. Victory.
61. Counsel.
62. The troubled heart.
63. Judgment.
64. Decision.
65. The musical instrument called lilis.
66. The musical instrument called ub.
67. The musical instrument called mesi.
68. The musical instrument called ala.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
You seem like your secure with your manhood and all. Or just loudly called attention to your inner Fecal freakdom. Thou does protest rather loudly... Good job either way.....

Haha, I just hate a good chunk of bike riders, roadies getting up early in the morning to ride through suburbia yelling from the front the front of the pack to the rear aboot which coffee shop they are riding to.

XCers doing pretty much the same but parking near houses talking about their week in IT at 6 in the morning before their ride through the bush to the best little coffee house.

Then the DHers roll out of bed, take off their pajamas, swap in to a set of riding jamas hit the local tracks after driving around the gate that says do not enter and proceed to do some mad skidz and leave Monster cans everywhere so the world knows how extreme they are.

If you ride early, shut the **** up around houses, if you ride somewhere illegally, sneak in and keep the place tidy. If you ride on the road and have a convo with your mate while using hand gestures and swerve all over the place you will probably get hit and the bike world will blame the driver, because were are perfect humans that are never in the wrong.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Haha, I just hate a good chunk of bike riders, roadies getting up early in the morning to ride through suburbia yelling from the front the front of the pack to the rear aboot which coffee shop they are riding to.

XCers doing pretty much the same but parking near houses talking about their week in IT at 6 in the morning before their ride through the bush to the best little coffee house.

Then the DHers roll out of bed, take off their pajamas, swap in to a set of riding jamas hit the local tracks after driving around the gate that says do not enter and proceed to do some mad skidz and leave Monster cans everywhere so the world knows how extreme they are.

If you ride early, shut the **** up around houses, if you ride somewhere illegally, sneak in and keep the place tidy. If you ride on the road and have a convo with your mate while using hand gestures and swerve all over the place you will probably get hit and the bike world will blame the driver, because were are perfect humans that are never in the wrong.
I picked up on that in your post. My bad.... All bikes are good. Cycling can't cure asshole no matter how hard you ride....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
One thing that drives me nuts is when I'm out riding solo in the woods, enjoying the general quiet and sounds of the forrest only to be interrupted by some loud mouth dirt roadie blathering endlessly to his buddies at a volume that could be heard from inside a meat locker. Jeeezus, shut the fvck up !
Folks who ride alone with earphones that sing as they ride. Or Kids who have not been taught manners and speak in Public at a loud measure.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Being put in harms way by your dog off leash in a public park because your kids have distracted you...

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
"Kind of like eating cereal with a fork; you can get the Fruit Loops into your word hole easily enough but without the milk you’re missing out on a crucial part of the cereal-eating experience."

:rofl:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I was given mod powers on another site and was asked to delete a member but I coudn't work out how so I just changed their posts to I am the scum of the earth, if I had a vag on my elbow I wouldn't leave the house etc.

Tonight I have drank too much, tomorrow I will drink much more.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Accepted a job at shimano. Quit my current job. Moving to so Orange County and the housing market is depressing. So expensive. So many apartments. Thinking of leasing a awesome loft in San Pedro / long beach and making a **** commute or deal with orange county

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Tried ghetto tubeless with Elastoplast rim strip and a homebrew goo and it was going well until........I put 50Psi in the tyre and was left feeling like I'd been shot in the face by a cannon on a gay pride float, white goo and glitter errywhere and deafness in one ear.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Tried ghetto tubeless with Elastoplast rim strip and a homebrew goo and it was going well until........I put 50Psi in the tyre and was left feeling like I'd been shot in the face by a cannon on a gay pride float, white goo and glitter errywhere and deafness in one ear.
Where did the Glitter come from?