Quantcast

the random thought thread

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Hope the wife doens't find out that I took her keys this morning because I couldn't find mine.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I wear deerskin welding gloves to pick the lemons from the myer lemon tree in front of my house.

If I don't, it's like reaching into a nest of fighting cats.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Has anyone planted carrots?
Funny you should ask, I am about too.

I asked our nursery operations manager for tips, he suggested:

Till the soil down to 12"-14"
Add lots of sand, turn it into the tilled soil.
Rake in some compost on top
Sow seeds evenly and rake in lightly to cover
Tamp down the soil firmly
Keep moist until seedlings are just big enough to thin out a bit (if needed)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
i can't figure out where squirrels sleep; there's sometimes up to a dozen different ones in my backyard, then around 5 it's yabba-dabba-doo time & poof!
Your basic tree rat sleeps at night.

Flying Squirrels are active at night.
They are about a third the size of a gray squirrel and love to get into your attic.

If you need help with a Flying Squirrel problem I would be glad to ship the cat to you. He is most affective in this area.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Red Hot Chili Peppers should have hung it up after Mother's Milk.
As I stated before in another thread, human breast milk has amazing resistance to bacteria and can be stored at room temp for 10-12 hours.

RHCP can only wish for this type of shelf life.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
in the liquor store parking lot, i saw a stripper do some meth. she never knew i was watching her, and if her face was any indicator, her life was worth living for ten minutes or so.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Why is it that in elevators in buildings with only two floors, there is a button for 1 and 2? It's only possible to the floor that you aren't on. It seems unnecessary.

shamrock

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Why is it that in elevators in buildings with only two floors, there is a button for 1 and 2? It's only possible to the floor that you aren't on. It seems unnecessary.
Why do elevators in buildings with only two floors take 10 times longer to reach the top than a building with thirty floors??

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Why do elevators in buildings with only two floors take 10 times longer to reach the top than a building with thirty floors??
good friggin question. I've been gimping around on crutches for awhile so I kind of have to take the elevator whenever possible, and I've noticed this exact phenomenon.

I think it has to do with the fact there is less room for the car to safely accelerate.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Rumor is that you can put a multi-floor elevator into Express Mode by holding down your floor and the close button at the same time. Have you ever been waiting for the elevator in a Vegas hotel and heard the damn car zoom by w/o stopping at your floor? Give it a try!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
crosswalk hacks

The most popular hack, which works on most models, is the "Instant Walk." Three short clicks, followed by two long, one short, two long, and three short; turn any crosswalk signal from "don't walk" to "walk" with a matching change in the traffic signals.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
in 12 hours i will be traveling southbound on route 89, probably just north of white river junction.

Apr 30, 2008
I put my socks on before I put on my pants. My wife thinks I'm strange.
i put my socks on first as well. when i have freshly finnished ironing my pants for work i dont like to wrinkle that sh-t up by squatting down to put my socks on. and now i put my socks on first as a habbit even when i wear jeans.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i hate myself for leaving this paper until the last minute. i just hope i can quickly get the rest of this done before 7 so i have time to study for my geography final at 9, which i have yet to study for. weeeee sleep deprivation!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i can't seem to master that marine corps skill of wiping from a nearly seated position

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
I have one philosophy paper, one child development assignment, some social science b/c all due by tomorrow. Then work tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday then I'm finally going riding for a couple of days...