Quantcast

the random thought thread

Feb 26, 2007
seattle area
im trying to decide if i need to go see a doctor. i had a pretty bad wreck a few weeks ago, and havent felt the same since. landed on my head pretty damn good while dirt jumping. i was wearing a helmet. i guess im just stubborn and keep on telling myself im alright. at this point im not sure if anything can even be done. :twitch:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
im trying to decide if i need to go see a doctor. i had a pretty bad wreck a few weeks ago, and havent felt the same since. landed on my head pretty damn good while dirt jumping. i was wearing a helmet. i guess im just stubborn and keep on telling myself im alright. at this point im not sure if anything can even be done. :twitch:
Dude, head injuries are nothing to pass off lightly. Go get checked out, especially if you start loosing motor skills.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
c0ckmunch tales of the DMV...

So my wife was waiting for an hour to get a new license. They call her number (481). Since she has the baby with her, it takes her a minute to get to the counter and right before she does, some guy steps up.

wife: Uhh, excuse me?
guy: ...
clerk: Hi, who has 481?
guy: ME!
wife: no, i do... holding up the ticket.
clerk: sir, can I see your ticket.
guy: shows her the ticket.
clerk: sir, can you move your thumb cuz I can only see "48".

The focker has #485, knew it and was just being a dick.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA

So my wife was waiting for an hour to get a new license. They call her number (481). Since she has the baby with her, it takes her a minute to get to the counter and right before she does, some guy steps up.

They should have made him take a new number

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just got back from a business trip in California, it seemed everywhere I went there was an old chinese man yelling at someone.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

What an ass. Your wife should have left a dirty diaper stuck to his car door handle.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i got a fatboy breathing into the phone now (on a concall). i'm guessing his resting hr is around 140. he'll be dead in a year.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
the clearblue pregnancy test commercial is rather weird. the most advanced piece of technology that you will ever pee on? ew.

must have been invented by germans.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
why is it when a waitress brings you the incorrect bill, that by pointing it out they think you are somehow part of the problem?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
what happens when 2 guys both wearing "world's greatest grandpa" shirts meet? is it like highlander where there can be only one?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i do not envy those who commute into boston by train every day. holy hell what a cluster**** that is. i missed the 430 train by 5 min so i ended up having to hang around north station packed in like a sardine until the 515 came in. that ended up being delayed by about 10 minutes and then the train itself was a mob scene. i had to sit next to this guy who kept referring to his significant other as "my sweetie" and was giving her(i think) the play-by-play of what was happening with the train as it slowly moved out of the station, which took forever. i was about ready to choke him. then on my other side was a rather large guy who with every shift of the train would bump me with one of his fat rolls as he played solitaire on his cell phone. but luckily the bench i was on was full because soon after i got on i witnessed this behemoth of a fupa, disguised as a woman, board the train. i am very glad i did not have to sit anywhere near her.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
how is it there are more bike commuters here in phoenix than colorado? and there must be some sort of helmet ban as well.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

(tone I hear while you're speaking, instead of you speaking....)

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i have to work tomorrow night on what is likely to be the busiest night ever at beer works(just steps from the garden and rather popular even when there are no events there). this is going to be interesting...

i just wish i wasn't training so i'd be able to get tips.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
My wrist brace smells like regurgitated blue cheese.

The funk won't completely wash off my arm.

This nasty thing is going in the wash tonight.

Anybody want to smell it ? Dirt, how bout you ?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
she looked the way Meryl Streep's skeleton would look if you made it smile and walk around the party being extra nice to everybody.