Quantcast

the random thought thread

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I bet I see at least half a dozen butts flicked out the window of the car in front of me every day.

Does that happen where you live ?
You could say that... at least once a week. One today even! Idiots! I'm surrounded by idiots! It must be time to hit the bong shed now :cheers:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I think German Pickles are the epitome of the art of Pickling. Often I assume Hildegard is involved and possibly makes the finest.
The best pickles in sweet and sour brine come from the South Moravian region of the Czech republic, namely from the town of Znojmo. The recipe goes to late 1500s.

I have to admit that some German imports are quite close.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The best pickles in sweet and sour brine come from the South Moravian region of the Czech republic, namely from the town of Znojmo. The recipe goes to late 1500s.

I have to admit that some German imports are quite close.
If I go there will I meet Hildegard?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I can play just enough piano or organ to be so annoying you will be inclined to want to use violence to make me stop. I think I am Ray Manserak.

As it turns out. I am not.

Peace Frog...

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
The amount of exercise I've been getting in the last several months tells me that I can totally have that sausage breakfast sandwich with no moral dilemma. Get in my belly!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
goddammit. but is that actually the smell?
Depends on your sniffer I suppose, but if you're getting a sweet smell in the cabin, I'd get that checked out for sure. I guess teh good news is you only get it "sometimes". That means it's either a small leak, or you're running low on anti-freeze. Before you go home today, see how much coolant you have in your radiator.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Depends on your sniffer I suppose, but if you're getting a sweet smell in the cabin, I'd get that checked out for sure. I guess teh good news is you only get it "sometimes". That means it's either a small leak, or you're running low on anti-freeze. Before you go home today, see how much coolant you have in your radiator.
yea definitely a sweet smell. thanks for the heads up. i'll check it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
yea definitely a sweet smell. thanks for the heads up. i'll check it.
FYI, even if your coolant level appears "normal", it doesn't necessarily mean your heater core isn't leaking. It could be vaporizing a very small amount of anti-freeze. It doesn't take very much to make that smell. Your "sometimes" statement actually makes me suspect that this is the case vs some kind of larger scale leak.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
FYI, even if your coolant level appears "normal", it doesn't necessarily mean your heater core isn't leaking. It could be vaporizing a very small amount of anti-freeze. It doesn't take very much to make that smell. Your "sometimes" statement actually makes me suspect that this is the case vs some kind of larger scale leak.
Sounds like a very nice Yugo.

Reminds me of this news item:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/mysterious-sleeping-sickness-that-affected-a-kazakhstan-village-turns-out-to-be-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-10406057.html

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I find it funny when the right complains about human rights as a point against Iran diplomacy when China is everyone's trade partner and we suck off Saudi Arabia. Oh how about Israel's human rights record too?