Quantcast

the random thought thread

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I have news paper clippings at my folks's house, but they don't mention the Grateful Dead details. Yall just have to trust me on that.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have news paper clippings at my folks's house, but they don't mention the Grateful Dead details. Yall just have to trust me on that.
You do know that there is no Statute of Limitations for Kidnapping? In Georgia, Alabama, Texas, and Tennessee it is punishable by death if you Kidnap a Minor.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Sitting here Waiting for the hail to pass and I read something about custom antiques that made me wonder. If you order a custom antique would you be able to take delivery of it right away or would you have to wait 60 to 80 years for it to become an antique in order for the order to be for filled.
-- my friend Gary G., via Facebook.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Guys named Jack seem to be really good guys. I don't know many, but it seems every one I've met just seem to be genuine, good dudes.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Air shows are fucking intense on acid.

...and then they are over.

What's one to do when its over & you are still on 11?

Well, I went for a swim in the Gulf of Mexico. I was in my 20's so this was about 15-17 years ago.

I was so jazzed & my body still buzzing once the Blue Angels were done, just floating, & laughing in the warm waters, I was so distracted I didn't notice the undertow. Next thing I know I look down & see my feet suspended 30-40' feet above the ocean floor, but then it looked like I was suspended above infinity and cosmos. The sparkles beneath me had me so distracted I don't realize my girlfriend at the time is running up & down the beach trying to get my attention.

I notice her and start to panic once I realize I am not able to swim against the undertow & rip tide (I am a weak swimmer). I remember floating on my back being ok with my imminent demise. I knew I would go with a smile on my face & my ego dissolved.

Needless to say I ended up getting fished out of the Gulf of Mexico by a Blackhawk & being delivered to Pensacola Naval Air Station.

A day I will never forget.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
White person picks a lobster or a crab out of a crowded tank in a restaurant, chef throws it in boiling water until it becomes dead and tasty, no eyebrows raised.

Chinese people eat a few dogs and white people go mental.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
White person picks a lobster or a crab out of a crowded tank in a restaurant, chef throws it in boiling water until it becomes dead and tasty, no eyebrows raised.

Chinese people eat a few dogs and white people go mental.
In Portugal they take live Lobsters and pin them to a special Dartboard. And then they throw darts at them until they can no longer hear their faint screams. Then they throw them in boiling water. Do you know how Linguica is made?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Don't search for anything about Squirt bike lube on your work computer. 99% of all results are not work safe.

It is fat people's day or old white males day which is to say yet another, waddlers, overflowingly seated, dining with shovels and pitchforks. Cases of sugar water, plastic to choke fish. Harleys, gay rags, imitation leather, speakers and pipes aroar. Pickup trucks and SUVs. Everything powered, nothing manual or pedal.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I started doing four day weeks because I dislike work, now we are busier so I get a bit more overtime and my wage hasn't changed much.

Three day weekends are golden.

Just got a script for Ritalin, it will be like a six day weekend, woohoo!

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
So you stuck yourself with needles to get high for a decade. Now you have a problem with sticking yourself to monitor your blood sugar? Fuck that noise...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
We have a bunch of Switch controllers laying around the office. I've paired one with my PC and configured it for lazy RM browsing and music controls, including a button-that-opens-the-new-posts-RM-page action.
#thanksmillenials

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Airports should have security lines for people who haven't flown in recent history. They can then eff about while everyone else can get through semi-efficiently...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Our dog somehow converts two cups of food per day into 3 big dumps. There's some kind of wizardry going on there.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
When I was 10, I got meningitis right in the middle of the summer season, in a beach town called San Clemente. It was a very bad year, money wasn't easily made anywhere, and the doctors at the local hospital didn't want a meningitis epidemic in the middle of their money making activities, so they threw me and my mom in an ambulance and sent us 530 km back to my hometown. My dad and my little brother were following us in the family car. We spent over six hours in that old ambulance, I was strapped to the gurney and felt every mother fucking pothole and bump of that old country road.

Since my mom was a nurse, she took care of me at home, filling me up with drugs to control the disease and to lower my fever. I spent one entire week seeing stuff, talking to the voices in my head and feeling like my head would explode if a single ray of light impacted my eyeballs.

I made it through thanks to my mom's perseverance. She and my personal doctor spent that whole week doing everything they could to stop my fucking brain from frying. I still remember waking up suddenly only to see them throwing bags of ice over me...

To this day, every single time I listen to Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" I get transported back to that darkened room, sweating my ass off because of the fever, feeling my hands had become the size of those #1 giant foam gloves some people take to football or baseball games.

That was the first of many more near-death experiences I went through in a short burst, between my puberty and teenager years.

Last edited: