Quantcast

the random thought thread

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
With the amount of plastic and Styrofoam paclaging that surrounds almost everything we buy these days, it's no wonder that there's a gigantic trash patch in the ocean. It's ridiculous.

Item in a bag inside plastic inside a box which is inside another box. Wtf.
yet you would probably be the first to complain if you received something damaged

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
The infomercials have officially gone full retard- Puffy Eye Remover literally turns back time.

There has to be a link between IQ and how many times a person says "literally" each day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Every time I see a screenshot of someone's computer, I always wonder why pretty much no one shrinks down Window's search toolbar thing.

So much more room for activities...
1655836291335.png

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Not quite sure what's happening with car rentals in Rapid City, but something is royally fucked over there.

View attachment 178535
i really wanted to check out the strip club there. Not that I really like strip clubs or anything, I just can’t fathom a town that small haveing a strip club and who could be working it. But alas it wasn’t open at 11am and wine slushys were calling my name closer to deadwood.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I was riding along the bike path the other day and a couple were coming towards me they were both rocking puffer jackets and E-bikes.
If they had a normal bike they could have saved money on the bike and they wouldn't need a puffer as they'd stay warm because they were actually doing something.

I still find it weird to see E-bike strapped to cars, don't you buy one so you can ride to where you want to go riding?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Nah, I'm not a complainer by nature. Just someone who wishes there was a way to safely package things that had less of an environmental impact.
I'll have to dig up a picture of the packaging that was used on the Marin bike I got for mom, it was mostly cardboard, I was so impressed I took a photo.
Normally bike boxes are full of single use plastic.

Edit, here we go, I reused the handlebar straps in the garage.
IMG_20220706_174633.jpg

Double edit, I just opened the box for my new cassette and the only plastic in it is the little keeper holding the assembly together, good work Shimano, now make 11 speed Saint.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I was working yesterday and an adjacent store had staff coming out every 15mins to vape, a guy was smashing his deep fried banana vape.
I've had enough of it, more people should get on the buttered popcorn flavor, that's the one Darwin invented.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I was working yesterday and an adjacent store had staff coming out every 15mins to vape, a guy was smashing his deep fried banana vape.
I've had enough of it, more people should get on the buttered popcorn flavor, that's the one Darwin invented.
As long as it wasn't oak cherry.... or whatever that bullshit is.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Doing some online training, the type of thing that every employee has to do once a year.

This one is clearly just an AI type bot voice reading off the slides, which makes it so boring and disconnected feeling.

I'll take a real voice any day..

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Samsung could not have made their wireless screen sharing more idiotic than it currently is, I guess at least you don't have to sign your life away like you do with my LG TV, NVIDIA Shield FTW, Google already knows everything about me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I love getting coupon codes for online retailers, then when trying to use it, it says "not valid for products in your cart".

Usually it's that the discount code only applies to items not on-sale.

But EVERYTHING on the site is on-sale or marked down in some manner. Ugh.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
When visiting Boston, do not take public transportation. This is bad.
Aaand they just decided to shut down the entire subway line for 30 days because too dangerous to operate. :panic: