Quantcast

the random thought thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
No kidding. Wonder if somewhere there's a map showing all of the cadavers scattered around. Otherwise I'd think police would get calls all the time for decomposed and partially decomposed bodies.

Either way, pretty cool that they allow it. No sense in wasting the meat, space (burial), or energy (cremation).
Virginia has no burial laws so once a death certificate is acquired do what you want. A lot of families that have been in the same land for a long time have little cemeteries in the front yard.

I've never built an illegal trail on a national park but my mother may be buried on one (ashes).

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Spent a fair bit of money saving a bike. Replaced all the worn-out stuff. Modernized most everything. Fixed a steerer tube and had the frame repaired. Bunch of stuff. I only ever ride it to the grocery store.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If you crash a Porsche, you're probably going to get injured. This makes the safety features in a Supra much betrerer. I want a red one.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I stay at my buddies house in Sacramento when I’m passing through sometimes. It’s gotten progressively worse over the years. Guy got stabbed and his ear cut off in the alley behind the house a few months ago. A couple weeks ago, half a block up a drive by shooting where one guy got shot. Nothing on the news about it. Now I’m just woken up by the neighbors screaming at each other “fuck you n****r”. They are white and about 8 people in 1000 sqft house. My buddy lives next to a elementary school. It’s just a sad state of affairs.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Kinda interesting (but not surprising) to see that the most aggressive ebike warriors on empty beer don't care about droppers...
That’s just weird. Droppers are a fucking great mtb innovation. I adjust my dropper absolutely loads, maybe getting on for 100 times per ride. Even on hard out downhills I probably make 3-4 adjustments. Nearly as much as I change gears. Are they riding on the flat or something?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It gives me great satisfaction and joy when I find rogue devices on our network and kick them out. Waiting for the kicking and screaming to come.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What sort of devices have you found over time?
Luckily so far nothing nefarious.

But over the years there have been lots of incidents of random people plugging in wireless routers, unknown computers, data collection devices and stuff like that. Its almost always someone from the engineering or maintenance department. 99% of the time its not to do anything bad, but they don't realize the consequences of plugging in something that has a dhcp server running on it. Or broadcasting tons of wireless SSIDs. Or having any sort of security. The list goes on.

Today I found a wireless bridge, connected to our enterprise network. The thing had default username/pass in use, so it would have been pretty easy to get in there and mess with it. But I was nice and just blocked the port its connected to on my side.

A year or two ago I did find a wireless router that someone had plugged in and stuffed into the ceiling of a mezzanine. They moved a computer from the location, but no one was notified, so that network connection remained active. By the nature of how it was stuffed and taped to the rafters and where it was, we assumed that it was used by someone on the night shift; they turned it into their hidden lounge spot. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I wonder why there are no apple apps on the Google playstore? Like apple TV.

Seems like they're missing out on customers or ?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Littering - I wish there was a way to return all garbage to people who litter.

And those who still flick cigarette butts out the window, they should be stopped and made to eat them.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Just bought two Magura Mixmagicmastermajig type 3 clamps and they cost near a quarter of what I paid the complete brakeset.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Littering - I wish there was a way to return all garbage to people who litter.

And those who still flick cigarette butts out the window, they should be stopped and made to eat them.
Some loser likes to sit up against my fence, smoke and eat lunch every day leaving behind butts and garbage. Yelled at him a few times for it, I think he tries now but I still occasionally have to pick up after him. The dog will bark at him but I always call him inside as I don't want my dog making a bunch of noise. Last week I got sick of it all and let the dog to nuts. He got worked up enough that I had to go stop him from trying to go over the fence. That scared the dude off and I haven't seen him back. Good doggy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I never see any of them camping, lol

they always seem to be at some meet or a rigs and coffee style event, but when you ask them about their adventures it becomes apparent
The rooftop tent has replaced the empty rocket box as a lifestyle statement here. It is pretty hilarious when they then complain about gas prices while they drive around with a brick shaped object on their roof every day that they may have used once.