Quantcast

the random thought thread

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The rooftop tent has replaced the empty rocket box as a lifestyle statement here. It is pretty hilarious when they then complain about gas prices while they drive around with a brick shaped object on their roof every day that they may have used once.
Those rooftop tents are a hilarious example of, let's take an object that's ordinarily cheap, small, and light, and turn it into something huge, expensive, and heavy, for the sole purpose of sleeping 5' above the ground.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Those rooftop tents are a hilarious example of, let's take an object that's ordinarily cheap, small, and light, and turn it into something huge, expensive, and heavy, for the sole purpose of sleeping 5' above the ground.

The small price you pay to break a leg taking a piss at night.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I still cannot ride a wheelie. Nope. No. I believe I have put forth the effort. Been instructed by those that could. Yet I cannot consistently ride a wheelie. I will still be your friend if you can.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
People are shit, went for lazy bikepath ride today.
The garbage bin was 30' away, but no, just leave the tube and lazy fuck can on the ground.
1624896962679199168.jpg

A bit further along a lady flagged me down and asked for help as a dude had had a few too many bevvies, fell in to the bush and couldn't get up. He said a lot of people had gone past but we were the only ones to stop, got him on his feet and he didn't want any more assistance so I just checked he wasn't stuck further down the trail on my return trip.

Dude even asked why I was on a pink bike and she was on a black one, hahaha!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is this an example of inflation?

These costs were hidden from buyers essentially up to now, but had to have in some way been included. Now some places will be tacking on an additional fee, but I doubt it'll be saved from elsewhere...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Is this an example of inflation?

These costs were hidden from buyers essentially up to now, but had to have in some way been included. Now some places will be tacking on an additional fee, but I doubt it'll be saved from elsewhere...
Could be. With margins being destroyed by inflation, businesses are passing more costs onto customers.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Littering - I wish there was a way to return all garbage to people who litter.

And those who still flick cigarette butts out the window, they should be stopped and made to eat them.
This is like my idea to pipe the diesel exhaust back into the cab.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If ever you're out on a ride with me and God forbid something happens. I keep a $ hundo behind my license. The same slot I keep my spare key in.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It's weird that two million people have watched 45mins of this-

I found it to be more interesting than most of the things on Netflix.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
1. Molly of Denali is the best show on PBS Kids, hands down.

2. Whenever someone in the workplace uses the phrase "drinking from the firehose", it code for you aren't going to get trained but are expected to figure it all out quickly anyway.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The gym keeps playing the song that goes :

"Thump Thump Thump Thump ThumpThumpThumpThump ThuThuThuThuThu RRRAAAWWRRR"

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I love receiving surveys and other questionnaires from various businesses, asking me for 30 minutes of my life in exchange for, well, nothing.
I usually ask them how much they pay. They're usually confused and say they don't, and I explain information is valuable, and so is my time. Usually that's it. Sometimes I ask who it's for. Most of the time they say the group hiring them wishes to remain anonymous. But if it's for a government or a university, then I would acquiesce. But it's never happened.

Come to think of it, now that I use google to screen my calls, I haven't had such a request. Problem solved.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Why does everyone rake and let the town collect leaves for disposal or composting?

Granted our yard has no super massive trees above it, but we get some from neighbors. I don't rake or remove the leaves and by late spring time they'll be gone after a few grass mowings.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Why does everyone rake and let the town collect leaves for disposal or composting?

Granted our yard has no super massive trees above it, but we get some from neighbors. I don't rake or remove the leaves and by late spring time they'll be gone after a few grass mowings.
When I lived in Virginia the leaves would start to decompose and kill the grass before the first mowing possibly because of high tannin content from dominant oak trees.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I didn't ride today. I think I ride better as the air gets cold. My bike is precisely tuned. All dialed in and ready to go. Even though the trails are all leaf covered I still know where they are. New glasses kick ass!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If you tell me to do a task 10 times and it doesn't get done on your timetable. Why not ask me if and when I was planning to do said task. Why not fucking do the task yourself.