Quantcast

the random thought thread

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I went to the dentist last year for the first time in 25 years after chipping a tooth. When I told the dentist this he expected to see a mouth full of rot. After fixing the tooth just had a routine cleaning. Turns out if you actually take care of yourself you don't need a face carpenter, genetics and not smoking has a lot to do with it.
Last time I went was 5 or so years ago and she said my teeth were great and to keep on keeping on. Could probably stand to have a deep clean, but no cavities or issues other than that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last time I went was 5 or so years ago and she said my teeth were great and to keep on keeping on. Could probably stand to have a deep clean, but no cavities or issues other than that.
My teeth are crooked because I didn't get braces when I was a kid but that toothpaste and floss stuff works.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I went to the dentist last year for the first time in 25 years after chipping a tooth. When I told the dentist this he expected to see a mouth full of rot. After fixing the tooth just had a routine cleaning. Turns out if you actually take care of yourself you don't need a face carpenter, genetics and not smoking has a lot to do with it.
Similar situation over here. Went back to the dentist ~4 years ago or so for a chipped tooth, after not seeing one for 16 years. They were all pretty surprised by the shape my teeth were in, and I don't have great genetics in that department. I do however, take really good care of my teeth. Trying to make up for the poor oral hygiene from my youth.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I have to read a book to my son's kindergarten class tomorrow, and I think I'm more anxious/nervous about that than I was giving presentations to our CEO and top management of a 60k employee company.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have to read a book to my son's kindergarten class tomorrow, and I think I'm more anxious/nervous about that than I was giving presentations to our CEO and top management of a 60k employee company.
Why? I'd say presenting to executives is a lot like being in front of a room full of large toddlers.

Oh wait, you said kindergarten, not pre-school. I rescind my previous comment.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

complain to dear abby about it

yelling at douchebags seems a lost art

A sternly worded editorial just serves to demonize entire demographics. Just punch people on site and you'll fix the 90% perception of the 2% causing problems.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Why? I'd say presenting to executives is a lot like being in front of a room full of large toddlers.

Oh wait, you said kindergarten, not pre-school. I rescind my previous comment.
I dunno, I haven't worked many places, but the few presentations I've made to top management have had quite a few challenging, technical questions and good back and forth discussion. The handful of people I've presented to certainly seem to know their shit.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I dunno, I haven't worked many places, but the few presentations I've made to top management have had quite a few challenging, technical questions and good back and forth discussion. The handful of people I've presented to certainly seem to know their shit.
Westy once fixed a mid-air 747 pointed straight at the whitehouse by simply pulling out his tactical pencil and sternly challenging the pilot over the radio by saying "don't do that." Tactical pencil was waived in the air during the transmission just for effect.

That has nothing to do with anything but I giggled when I pictured it. Much like his post you're responding to.

also what industry do you work in? It strangely gives me unwarranted faith

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Westy once fixed a mid-air 747 pointed straight at the whitehouse by simply pulling out his tactical pencil and sternly challenging the pilot over the radio by saying "don't do that." Tactical pencil was waived in the air during the transmission just for effect.

That has nothing to do with anything but I giggled when I pictured it. Much like his post you're responding to.

also what industry do you work in? It strangely gives me unwarranted faith
Did he wave it so it looked like it was made of rubber?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Consider yourself lucky. Not only have I had to deal with my own companies leadership but dozens of customer's. With a few exceptions I have always been peppered with dumb and off topic questions, which is stressful because it is largely impossible to prepare for. CorPoraTe AmErICa.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Consider yourself lucky. Not only have I had to deal with my own companies leadership but dozens of customer's. With a few exceptions I have always been peppered with dumb and off topic questions, which is stressful because it is largely impossible to prepare for. CorPoraTe AmErICa.
*types "airbus only" into phone for no particular reason*

Huh....that was already in there next to the word "MMike"

Weird

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I'd like to think somebody watches our workshop camera when I show up on weekends.
Today I was rubbing my nipples and blowing kisses at it as I walked past.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
A few years ago, I was getting a coffee in Starbucks when I watched a middle-aged white woman hold her cup with both hands, take a sip with her eyes closed, put her cup down and let out an "aaahhhh!" with eyes still closed and half smile. You would think she was filming a commercial.

The amount of rage and homicidal thoughts that went through my body after seeing that is still something I remember all this time later.
I still replay this in my head every so often. Like right now.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Some people should not own heavy equipment :rofl:

I knew when the full story came out it would be full of dumbass

Actually let me rephrase that. I just created a list in my head of people who absolutely should own heavy equipment, and try stunts with it regularly.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Earth's core is really starting to piss me off. I just bought a new cartridge for the Technics. The F and G pins do not seem to work as A and B pins. You would think Shure would have a schematic or white sheet with their products.

Last edited: