Quantcast

The real reason SS closed to DH

roberts

Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
Note - I also posted this as a reply to "SS Theory"

I talked to TBB. The illegal trails were maybe 10% of Snow Summit's decision. The real reason was that massive lawsuit by the paralyzed rider went further through the court's than SS was comfortable with. This scared them, they looked at the paltry $$ DH brings in and closed down. Trust me if 200 or 300 DHers showed up every summer day, SS would reopen in a second.

Last summer, I would go mid-week and there'd be maybe 10 DHers. So the real problem is that there are just not enough of us to matter.

RS

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
roberts said:
Note - I also posted this as a reply to "SS Theory"

I talked to TBB. The illegal trails were maybe 10% of Snow Summit's decision. The real reason was that massive lawsuit by the paralyzed rider went further through the court's than SS was comfortable with. This scared them, they looked at the paltry $$ DH brings in and closed down. Trust me if 200 or 300 DHers showed up every summer day, SS would reopen in a second.

Last summer, I would go mid-week and there'd be maybe 10 DHers. So the real problem is that there are just not enough of us to matter.

RS
There are people working on this issue. If you want to help out PM me.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
You know what 200-300 is like right? I'm pretty sure that is more than a full blown race day. We have a LONG way to go until even 100 every day.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I don't even think 200-300 DHers would help to get the Summit to re-open. The owner of Snow Summit stated that he did not want the hassle, because "we are a winter ski resort, not a bike resort." Once he said that, I knew Snow Summit was a lost cause...