Quantcast

The REALLY best rear shock in the world!

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
I guess with the total dominance of Fox in rear shock purchases, you have to get creative(according to this about 60% Fox to 15% RS) I'm still not getting a Cock Blox product. Mostly because I don't want to be on the robots kill list.
So Whistler Bike Park is a realistic cross section of the mountain bike industry? Laughable.

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
Any reason you went to a softer spring? To give you an example (if I've got the right idea from your posts), if I was happy with a 400 spring on a Vivid R2C (in 8.5" mode) and wanted to change to a CCDB, I'd either keep the same spring, or ideally maybe even run a 425. I wouldn't be going to a softer rate.
Finally did a decent sesh today with the 400# Ti spring. Its too soft. I hoped to not notice too much difference from the 450# steel I had on before but theres a difference. Selling.
Im getting a 500 for the double barrel, maybe even 550. Thanks again Udi for the input.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
So Whistler Bike Park is a realistic cross section of the mountain bike industry? Laughable.
tumblr_m40uinLVdS1qbdxog.jpg

Last time I checked this thread is in regards to the Vivid rear shock, intended for long travel applications. And last time I checked, Whistler is the worlds leading bike park destination for this kind of riding and has been for years and years. If Whistler is not an accurate cross section for this particular instance, I guess I better keep my day job.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It's totally normal for the end user to completely disassemble their shock to add oil. Besides, it saves on the cost of shipping from Taiwan.
Maybe RS should offer a "make your own shock and get a trip to Taiwan free" package ? It would have to be more expensive because plane tickets are obviously not free but they could get some extra revenue from that to spend on new fancy stickers. You get no one to blame for a ****ty product, rs doesn't get blamed. Win win?