Quantcast

The Return of Karpiel

commencaldh

Jeremy Hottinger
Apr 26, 2015
Apparently, the brand will be making a return to making frames by 2020, but that might just be pipeline stuff.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
seriously. i find it hysterical that the dude is still clearly very upset over some mean things people said about him on the internet almost 10 years ago.
What was his screwup did he not send frames and scam people or go Tony Ellsworth on Warranty? Because i remember his bad rep was pretty earned so him throwing a hissy fit is a bit ironic.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I like this review-

10/16/2014
Took my frame into these guys for some specialty welding. I needed some stainless welded onto my aluminum frame to fix an issue I had been having for quite some time. They did an awesome job. They took the time to prep it right and the welds were both perfect. They really know what they are doing. If you are having any issue with your bike frame, need some custom work done or just want anything you can dream up created...these are the guys I would highly recommend.

I hate it when I have the issue of not having enough stainless on my aluminum bikes......

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
People just need to be more patient, I ordered a frame from a local frame builder and it took close to six years to get it. When it arrived I chopped it up with a grinder, sent a photo to the guy that made it and threw it in the bin, hahaha!

I got a custom frame from Marino last year and that went well, the frame is no thing of beauty but it works.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
You really showed him
Yeah I did, I sent a picture......

pretty ridiculous value on those things (esp for full custom). ht or fs?
Yeah it's no good Taiwanese frame in terms of alignment but it is a pretty fun bike, the closest frame to what I wanted was a BTR but they run a short back end and I don't like them, too hard to keep the feet on the pedals.

I shot an email about a dual suspension frame and I am thinking of going a 650b frame with 100mm travel and a 65deg HA. I only really ride XC these days but hate the steep angles and stupid standards on most burly short travel bikes.