Quantcast

The ridemonkey fat fighters programme

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
Hello and welcome to The ridemonkey Fat Fighters thread

well its that time of year(maybe a month late) where most of us say i want to loose a bit of weight this year so i thought i would create this topic to follow me and others alike.

Im off on holiday at the end of september so I need to lose the beer belly

This thread will keep track of the progress of all people involved including start weight, diet plan, exercise, and a fortnightly weigh in.

It Will start on FEB 1st all members must post below with there first weigh in by then

I have not weighed my self for years so i'll find out if I really am a fat bastard

i weigh about 16st (230 pounds) and i want to be around the 175 mark

Name
jason(ukjason)

starting weight

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
nonono - ramping up exercise? Diet monitoring? Quitting beer?.... I know I am on the "super stressed out" diet and am losing weight whether I want to or not.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Pefect timing. I've let myself go since last spring. My 'in shape' (12% BF) is around 210-215. Right now I'm at 242. Goal: 210. I just got a membership to a club close to my house and did my first spin class this morning and it kicked my ass.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I'm 155lbs and want to lose 5lbs...does that count?

So I can row light weight varsity this year without being worried about not eating before a weigh in, and take nationals, of course. (My club had the most boats competing last year at nationals)

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Hey.......

LOL, I haven't had more than 1 beer in two years.

The race cancellations was a total bummer though. I loved listening to the rider interviews afterwards.
"4 French tourists murdered? That happens every day in London...."

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
254. Goal would be sub-2-teens by the Payson Stampede (mid/late Sept). So far, I've stopped drinking beer before bed (maybe that's why I'm sleeping better?), and I'm eating more veggies. Now if it would just warm up about 10 degrees, I'd ride more (though I know the concept of layering, like onions).

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
I'm at 166 and need to be down at least to 150 by summer season. I'm short.

I also just had a marginal cholesterol test and was told to exercise more. It was also the day after xmas dinner which was a pretty freaking stupid day to have a cholesterol test. :poster_oops:

I've started by drinking less beer and trying to get on my trainer at least 3x / week for an hour at 120 cadence. Don't have a power meter so hard to tell actual consistency. I'm kind of a weeny winter rider when it's super cold out so I always flesh up in the winter and skiing's too anaerobic to do any good.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
currently 135ish, i'd like to be 150-155 by the end of the school year. i need to eat more healthy food and start going to the gym again.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yay for skinny folk needing to gain muscle mass!
Thats a good thing too, and just as tough as losing Fat. I started in cotober 06, at 315, by march 07 I was at 235. Back in Oct 07 I started hitting the weights and popped up to 245, so the goal now is to drop that last bit of fat, while staying trim. Both are tough and take time and patience

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
A little over a year ago I lived in the mountains and only had one bike, a 46 pound DH sled that I rode trails on and commuted on. Since then I've moved back to the flats where commuting is suicidal and put on 25 pounds. :disgust1:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive already been doing this in the fitness nutrition section.
188-Dec 27
185-Jan1
180-Jan 6
177-Jan 19

Goal 165ish

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
I'd like to get to 175. I started at 187 a couple weeks ago and was 182 this morning. I'm training for a triathlon in July, so that's my motivation. Now if I could just convince my wife I need a new bike for the race.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
149 lbs 12% fat

usually around 60% water 5'10" w/o shoes

I guess do more stuff in the off season...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
We have a "Biggest Loser" competition going on at work. The 'leader' somehow managed to lose 10lbs in a week. Yeah......also said he lost 2lbs one day when we were in training from 9 - 6.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Well crap, count me in too. 205, wanting to be around 190/185. As a former personal trainer, I will do it the scientific way. By not eating a thing for long periods of time, stressing my body out to the max and gulping loads of un proven and possibly dangerous "fat burners".

(I am kidding. About the last part. Stand by for weekly updates. I have dropped 5 since New Years already.)

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Well crap, count me in too. 205, wanting to be around 190/185. As a former personal trainer, I will do it the scientific way. By not eating a thing for long periods of time, stressing my body out to the max and gulping loads of un proven and possibly dangerous "fat burners".

(I am kidding. About the last part. Stand by for weekly updates. I have dropped 5 since New Years already.)
Don't forget the Alli that makes you **** oily randomness. Also, be sure to turn the heat up to 120 in the gym so you can sweat all the 'toxins' out. DON'T drink water. Water makes you fat.

We have a "Biggest Loser" competition going on at work. The 'leader' somehow managed to lose 10lbs in a week. Yeah......also said he lost 2lbs one day when we were in training from 9 - 6.
Sounds like he is dumping water weight, that sort of dieting doesnt stay off for the long run though. My dad was on Atkins and dumped like 40 pounds in a month and then put back on more than half of that within 6 months

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
I'll join the charge. I'm tipping the scales at 220 right now and wanna get back to around 190. I am hoping to get back to a healthy fighting weight and get some Muay Thai matches in this year.

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
I got fat my Freshman year of college....

I am 6'2" - 6'3" or so. In November I was up to about 225-230 at my heaviest. Now I am down to about 200-203. My goal is to drop at least another 20. I want to be around 175 or so but I also need to put on some muscle mass.

All I have really done is stop eating crap. I don't eat as big of meals and I usually eat more often now. Lots of fruits, vegtables, lean meats (chicken, bison), and then noodles and rice. As long as you don't cook with a lot of oils it should end up fairly high fiber and fairly low fat. I completely stopped drinking soda and only have an occasional beer.

Couple that with trainer rides, urban rides, XC rides, and or road rides 3-5 times a week and weight slowly starts coming off.

Now as long as I can continue and stick with it I'll be golden.