Quantcast

The Rose Bowl Thread

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
anyone watching?

Holy cow! I don't follow college, so I've not seen some of these college stars play before.

Bush seems so unstoppable.

Seperate note... That helmet-to-helmet hit should've yielded an ejection.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i hope Texas at least makes a showing, but so far it appears as if USC is on a mission. Man 3 in a row, that's just insane....

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
cannondalejunky said:
they are...and they will

Tuck Fexas...usc will take it all the way
over-rated, huh? hahahahahaha guess Reggie Bush should be under that category, as well.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Texas is overrated, Young is unerrated. I underesimated him, and so did USC

J

JRB

chicodude said:
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Texas is overrated, Young is unerrated. I underesimated him, and so did USC
Excuses are like assholes, and California has a lot of them. :D

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i quarterback doesn't come within 3 yards of out-rushing BOTH of USC's running backs COMBINED by himself.

J

JRB

chicodude said:
It's not excuse you ignorant hick.
What am I ignorant about??? Do you know for a fact that I have no knowledge that it was an excuse??? I thought we were cool, and now you come with the attacks, like I am an uneducated sewer rat. Jeebus man.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
loco said:
What am I ignorant about??? Do you know for a fact that I have no knowledge that it was an excuse??? I thought we were cool, and now you come with the attacks, like I am an uneducated sewer rat. Jeebus man.

I got way into this game, Sorry about the outlash.

It still wasn't an excuse.

J

JRB

chicodude said:
I got way into this game, Sorry about the outlash.

It still wasn't an excuse.
No worries, bro. I was actually making fun of Burly Shirley's plea for help after Skookum called him ignorant.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
loco said:
No worries, bro. I was actually making fun of Burly Shirley's plea for help after Skookum called him ignorant.

Ah.

It's weird. I never get this wound up in games. But this was like a battle between good and evil.

J

JRB

chicodude said:
Ah.

It's weird. I never get this wound up in games. But this was like a battle between good and evil.
Yes - and the world is a better place tonight, since evil lost out.

J

JRB

Potroast88 said:
We keep posting the same thing at the same time.
You know, great minds and all of that...
Yeah yeah - well I am off to bed, so you keep up with the great thinking. :thumb:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I was glad to see Texas win and I told my wife the only way to do it right would be for Young to rush for the winning touchdown. I think it was a fitting end to a great season. If he stays another year in school, he will be deadly in the NFL.

I'm a fan of USC, but after seeing them win all the damn time, it was time for a loss.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
you now i am pissed, i don't ever want to talk about what happened, i just don't get it how did my team play so bad, its okay because if you heard leinert after the game you would now we are the better team, we just had one off game, but we had them so many times we had them and we f'ed up:angry: :mumble::angry: :mumble:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
zmtber said:
its okay because if you heard leinert run his cocksucker at the end of the game,you would know he was probably high on crack or something...
Fixed that.

J

JRB

I think I can assess that after reading this thread, USC fans appear to be as arrogant as Leinart, and 20 times as dumb. Grammar people. You'll get no respect using incorrect words and unfounded statements.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
splat said:
I really didn't care who won. It was really a very exciting game. I was pulling for SC to get a Final Field goal just to make it even more interesting.
i'm with ya, it was a good game nontheless. USC was clearly the more dominant team, but the Texas QB put his team on his back and willed himself the win.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
SkaredShtles said:
Since when did the Big-10 get booted from the Rose Bowl? :confused:
BCS Bowl Championship Garbage...

They say they were going to keep tradition but it's all about the dollars, they need to go to a playoffs.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Skookum said:
i'm with ya, it was a good game nontheless. USC was clearly the more dominant team, but the Texas QB put his team on his back and willed himself the win.
USC was NOT more dominant than Texas. Texas had the lead at the half and kept the game close throughout most of the 2nd half, as well.
They contained Reggie Bush, which was believed to be an impossible task, and continued to fight.
Texas' defense came up huge when it had to. They stopped USC on 2 seperate 4th and short plays to give the offense the ball back.
USC's defense could not manage to put any pressure on Vince Young until the final drive of the game and the only way they could do it then was to bring the safetys up leaving the middle of the field open.
If anyone was dominant, it was Texas. They had a gameplane that they stuck to for the entire game and it worked.