Quantcast

The Rose Bowl Thread

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
pixelninja said:
Naw, USC played their hearts out. They just ran into a defense that was fast enough to contain Bush.

You see all that half ass tackling in the game by USC?

USC didn't play their best. Period.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
chicodude said:

They were tackling as well as they could. Problem is, Vince makes anyone look like a no-tackling chump. :blah:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
it's funny that tackling comes up. in my opinion, UT was having a damn hard time bringing down USC player (White)...Michael Huff had a damn fine game, though.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
chicodude said:

That's the lamest Sunshine excuse I've ever heard. It wasn't half ass tackling, it was lack of execution, insane defense by Texas and Leinert as an over-rated wonder boy. Ill bet 500 dollars Leinert flops in the NFL, just like so many other touted Qbs. He's just another mediocre kid who thrives off the system and the thread of Reggie Bush and Lendale White. You can also thank brilliant coaching for not challenging that first touchdown when Young CLEARLY had his knee down before the lateral, or Bush's brilliant lateral after that amazing run. USC had breaks the WHOLE game and they didn't capitolize fair and square. USC has a weak defense, everyone knew that and once they finally faced someone who they couldn't hang 60 points on it was all over. I hate the horn's but I hate overrated pac-10 teams even more. Let ANY team come play in the SEC, and I garuntee they would NEVER go undefeated for more than a season. Too much speed and too much real football.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
the Inbred said:
it's funny that tackling comes up. in my opinion, UT was having a damn hard time bringing down USC player (White)...Michael Huff had a damn fine game, though.
Huff is really really really good. He's hands down the most hard nosed fearless defender I've seen in a while. He was ALL OVER the field, doing everything. Props to him and UT.

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
biker3 said:
That's the lamest Sunshine excuse I've ever heard. It wasn't half ass tackling, it was lack of execution, insane defense by Texas and Leinert as an over-rated wonder boy. Ill bet 500 dollars Leinert flops in the NFL, just like so many other touted Qbs. He's just another mediocre kid who thrives off the system and the thread of Reggie Bush and Lendale White. You can also thank brilliant coaching for not challenging that first touchdown when Young CLEARLY had his knee down before the lateral, or Bush's brilliant lateral after that amazing run. USC had breaks the WHOLE game and they didn't capitolize fair and square. USC has a weak defense, everyone knew that and once they finally faced someone who they couldn't hang 60 points on it was all over. I hate the horn's but I hate overrated pac-10 teams even more. Let ANY team come play in the SEC, and I garuntee they would NEVER go undefeated for more than a season. Too much speed and too much real football.
Man, where to start with this one....

Okay - Leinart. In 3 years as SC's starting quarterback, he passed for 10,600 yards, 99 touchdowns, and only 23 interceptions. He won the Heisman trophy, was a finalist the next year, won 2 national championships (losing a third in a close game), and went 37-2 as a starter. You're right - he sucks.:rolleyes: Or maybe it's just Reggie and LenDale's "threads".

Second - in college games, coaches can't call for a replay - only the ref can do it. (which they didn't do on that play because their equipment "malfunctioned")

Did you even watch the game? missed breaks? SC was winning by 12 with 5 minutes left before they choked!

And - USC lost this game because they couldn't get done what needed to be in the last 5 minutes. period.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Caroll could've called a timeout. would've made more sense than calling one before the 2pt conversion.

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
the Inbred said:
Caroll could've called a timeout. would've made more sense than calling one before the 2pt conversion.
... don't get me started on that - Reggie's pitch made more sense than that move.