Quantcast

The Rumors are True: Fairclough Officially on Scott

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009
scot11lead.jpg
So after a summer of debating and numerous rumours, the prevailing thread of discussion has proven true: Brendan Fairclough is joining the SCOTT11 race team for this year. Check the full press release inside.
---

SCOTT 11 Welcomes Pro Downhill Racer Brendan Fairclough to the Team

Source: SCOTT Sports

Following the wrap up of yet another amazing season of Downhill racing, a number of interesting rumors involving Claudio’s 11, Swiss cheese, pump tracks, and Brendan Fairclough’s next move have been circulating online. SCOTT Sports is delighted to put an end to the speculation and to proudly welcome professional DH racer, and all round pinner, Brendan Fairclough to the Scott11 team.

scot11.jpg

Brendan is widely recognized as one of the most well rounded riders on the DH circuit with a unique style that has captivated and inspired his many fans. Whether he is racing competitions or ripping with friends, his natural ability and bike control make him one of the most exciting riders to watch. Brendan is a regular top ten rider with an impressive 4th place finish at the recent 2011 Champéry World Championships, despite a torn ACL, and has featured in multiple highly acclaimed mountain bike films such as Clay Porter’s 3 Minute Gaps and Anthill Films’ Follow Me. Now, after having undergone reconstructive knee surgery, Brendan is ready to come back next season to continue working with top bike film producers and to take on the UCI World Cup DH series with a new knee and a new bike.

SCOTT Sports and the SCOTT11 team will give Brendan the opportunity to take his racing to the next level by providing him with unparalleled support and the finest equipment to reach his goals. Brendan will also play an instrumental role in developing and testing SCOTT products including SCOTT’s Gambler and Voltage FR bikes.

“I’m really happy to have the opportunity to join Scott11 for the 2012 and 2013 seasons,” says Brendan. “It’s going to be a big change from the last few years since I’ll now act as the lead rider on the team, but it’s a role I feel I am ready to take up and feel it’s going to be good for me in my fight for a championship. It’s going to be good to progress with SCOTT in the downhill market and hope we can get the bike on the top step of the podium and beyond. Very happy to have signed and can't wait to get stuck into the season.”

“With Brendan on board, we can finally play a major role in the men's field,” adds Team Manager Claudio Caluori. “The whole team is totally excited and will work flat out to get Brendan where Floriane Pugin has been since joining Scott11: On that podium!” Welcome to SCOTT, Brendog!

About SCOTT Sports
Scott Sports is a leader in the development, manufacturing, sales and marketing of high end performance products intended for biking, winter sport, motorsport and running. Innovation, technology and design are the essence of the Scott products and the vision of our engineers and designers.
Check out the line up at SCOTT Bike.

[fblike]http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f19/rumors-true-fairclough-officially-scott-247051/#post3724820[/fblike]

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I really like B. I would wish him a World Cup win, but I am selfish as snot. I want Gwin to win every round front to back....just to tick the world off at us silly Americans.

Possibly the greatest thing about the World Cup scene at this point in time is that I love the mentality of virtually ever rider on the circuit. The only thing we need these days is a true villian!!!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I really like B. I would wish him a World Cup win, but I am selfish as snot. I want Gwin to win every round front to back....just to tick the world off at us silly Americans.

Possibly the greatest thing about the World Cup scene at this point in time is that I love the mentality of virtually ever rider on the circuit. The only thing we need these days is a true villian!!!

You've heard of lifetime television right?

Here, check them out.

myLifetime.com | Games, Movies, Shows, Full Episodes, Style, Astrology, Sweepstakes and More.

Wonderful characters, rich plots and heroic struggles abound.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

a villain? like a guy in a cape, a top hat, and a moustache? running around the start area cutting brake lines and slashing tires? hiding in the bushes and moving the course tape between riders?

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Not to be negative DR doesnt seem to get it done from what I have seen. If he got some evil superpowers and got a top ten spot at a world cup it may be another story.
Was more refering to the fact that he comes accross as a total downer. Very negative and arrogant in all interviews he's in. I believe this has been echoed in here many times.

Hence the villan title.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Sorry Butch but Lopes won't race worldcups anymore. The UCI won't let him ride topless.

Last edited:

intensified

Monkey
Mar 31, 2004
Canton,Ma
Was more refering to the fact that he comes accross as a total downer. Very negative and arrogant in all interviews he's in. I believe this has been echoed in here many times.

Hence the villan title.
I am not as current, do recall some chatter about some issues though. Seems like someone with the support and tickets to all those races should be able to get some better results. In person at the races he seemed allright, what do i know though.