Quantcast

the scoop on the knolly delrium please

blacky

Monkey
Nov 1, 2001
sedona,az
especially any biggish guys (over 200#) bang around on this amazing cool looking bike.

(amazing price too.)

i'd like your feedback.

i've ridden bikes in the santa cruz bullit (2005 and before) and the turner 6 pack range for comparison.

i do a lot of nasty climbing. does it pedal reasonably?

known issues?

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
especially any biggish guys (over 200#) bang around on this amazing cool looking bike.

(amazing price too.)

i'd like your feedback.

i've ridden bikes in the santa cruz bullit (2005 and before) and the turner 6 pack range for comparison.

i do a lot of nasty climbing. does it pedal reasonably?

known issues?
I had a V-Tach & a 6-Pack. The Knolly ride is a lot like the ride of the 6-Pack with extra frame rigidity. Noel used the Turner RFX as a reference point for how he wanted his bikes to ride. He's also a very big dude, he builds frames for big people who ride aggressively.

As to pedaling, it will pedal like a good Horst link bike pedals.

As to known issues -- I'm sure there aren't any, apart from owner quirks etc. Noel's very responsive, you should contact him directly.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
sikocycles on here has a few of them...he's a hooj dood and should be able to relate his experiences...shoot him a PM or maybe he'll pop up.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Good call. Excellent bike. Excellent company. I see a lot of the DTs and V-Tachs around here in Vancouver. More DTs than V-Tachs lately. I have ridden a V-Tach and was blown away by how it handled. The frame is heavy, but it does not ride heavy at all. I can imagine that the DT, being lighter, would be a superb choice as a do-it-all bike. Lots of big dudes with DC forks on their DTs.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I have a DT frame in the garage waiting on some parts. I am 6'1" 220 and bought this frame for some of the reasons mentioned above, along with the fact that once I got to test ride one I was hooked. Probably the stiffest frame I have ever ridden. I like to ride aggressively and wanted something that would last me. I have heard nothing but good things about Knollies and am looking forward to some saddle time on it. There is a dedicated forum on mtbr if you want to get some more info, plus like everyone here said, Noel and the whole crew are more than willing to talk to you and help out with any questions. I have had excellent customer service any time I contacted them.

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
my friend has rode one for a year now and really likes it. he only has a single 36 tooth up front and he out pedalled me on some nasty uphills. they are very well built too.

the new one that is coming out looks awesome! it is supposed to be better at pedalling and its a pound lighter.

the biggest complaint of the old one is how heavy it was. it came in over 12 lbs i believe. that is alot of weight for an AM/FR bike.