Quantcast

The single greatest day of the year......

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Not Christmas

Not 4th of July

Not my birthday

BONUS DAY at work!!!!!!!!!!! Wahooo!!

Month and a 1/2 worth of pay for me this year! Rock on!!!!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Holy cripes! Congrats, stosh!

I think I'd actually crap myself if I was handed a bonus check worth 1.5 months of pay. My bonus equaled about 5.5 days pay, but I'll take it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Congrats!

You both suck, I haven't seen a "bonus" ever. My last job, I quit a month before they got an 8% (of your annual base) bonus. I will be there for both bonuses this year, dammit!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Holy cripes! Congrats, stosh!

I think I'd actually crap myself if I was handed a bonus check worth 1.5 months of pay. My bonus equaled about 5.5 days pay, but I'll take it.
The worst part about it is I see how badly taxes suck!!!!!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Whoa! Sweet bonus. :)

I won't know what my bonus is until the end of our fiscal year but its typically 5% of earnings.

A company that puts out 10% bonuses should really consider amending their pay packets of guaranteed compensation, the potential of missing that huge bonus next year runs seems like a serious de-motivator!

When I was in the IT contract business, deadline bonuses could be up to 20% of project compensation. One missed deadline and the entire project could become unprofitable.

That sucked. :monkey:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Congrats Stosh! :D

Your luckier than me. No bonuses were paid this year at my work, company was sold for just over $1 billion to some Australians and made a record profit, but the new Aussie owners are tight ass employers and don't give bonuses. :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I actually had them adjust the taxes a little.
Maybe I had them adjust them to much. OH well, we had a kid this year, we should be ok.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My bonus this year is equal to about 100 days. All Saturdays and Sundays. Company cancelled the bonus program this year because they said there was no way to fairly distribute the bonuses. Executive management still gets bonuses, that is fair I guess.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My bonus this year is equal to about 100 days. All Saturdays and Sundays. Company cancelled the bonus program this year because they said there was no way to fairly distribute the bonuses. Executive management still gets bonuses, that is fair I guess.
Satisfaction of a job well done is worth more than any bonus check.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
My dad is a president of a division for a national home building company and he said a couple years ago a president from another division got a 1.5 million dollar bonus, and his annual salary was only 250k.