Quantcast

The Sinister 29er is nearly built...

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
oh man...this is just what I needed! Rode for a few hours yesterday and the first hour was just rebuilding my confidence that I could ride obstacles without going way off course should I touch the brakes or hit a trail imperfection.

It looks a little "Moto" now, but I don't care..it just goes!

drt

Chimp
Aug 29, 2007
Lookin' good RJ. I was hoping to see a pic with the new fork! I hope you enjoy it.

DRT (Dan)

tozovr

Monkey
Jan 16, 2006
Well it was a completely different experience....in a good way!

It took about 45 minutes on the trail to gain back the confidence I'd lost riding the Reba. Initially the Reba was fantastic; as I learned my way around the new bike/fork combo the Reba did well. As I got more used to the setup and started pushing the limits of it, I began to see the "shortcomings" of the fork. I use quotes because the Reba is a fantastic fork, but when combined with my 215#s, an 8" rotor and the super technical terrain we've been riding, it was just way too noodly.

The Maverick really seems to have given me back that point and shoot feel I wanted. I still plan on a flat bar for it and doing some tuning to dial it in 100%. This isn't a plug and play fork...well, it can be, but it's soooooo very tunable, why settle?

Now to just pick up a maverick/24mm hub adapter for my new Corssmax 29's............................................. :biggrin:

RJ